Sign in to follow this  
Demon Chas08

Josh Trank's Not-So-Fantastic Four

I found this quote from Trank very telling.

"As for Johnny's sister Sue (Kate Mara), she'll be more than just a pretty face. "There have always been two categories of Sue - the slutty secretary version, and this brilliant scientist version. This is a really, really smart Sue, and one that is dignified and has integrity."

I haven't read FF in a long time, but I'm not sure slutty secretary is a Sue Storm trope i recognize.

"As for Johnny's sister Sue (Kate Mara), she'll be more than just a pretty face. "There have always been two categories of Sue - the slutty secretary version, and this brilliant scientist version. This is a really, really smart Sue, and one that is dignified and has integrity."

I haven't read FF in a long time, but I'm not sure slutty secretary is a Sue Storm trope i recognize.

Not to mention damning. Susan Storm-Richards was not conceived as "the slutty secretary" in 1961 and she damn well never be.

Not to mention damning. Susan Storm-Richards was not conceived as "the slutty secretary" in 1961 and she damn well never be.

But there WAS that time back in the early 1990s when she wore the costume that had the "4" cleavage window. Precedent, precedent!

*Opened to $2.7M Thursday; $11M Friday

*Critics (save for Campea, Knowles and Faraci) are slaughering it.

*Trank attempts to save his own ass playing the victim of Studio meddling.

*DOA

There were rumors that he had major issues with the studio and how a lot of other behind the scenes problems caused the film to tank.

what kind of behind the scenes stuff, could that be?

were they all standing there and said to each other: 'hey, let's do a fucking terrible job'. and everyone was like: 'yeeeea'?

or maybe they were like: 'hey, we got some million dollars, what we gonna do?' and then they send dave the intern to buy half a ton of coke and everyone was like: 'paaaarteeey'. and the leftover money was enough for some second tier reality soap grade actors and a potato as a cameraman.

There were rumors that he had major issues with the studio and how a lot of other behind the scenes problems caused the film to tank.

He made the film Chronicle pt 2 complete with him showing up to the set drugged out of his skull. Once Fox realized how wrong they were they wanted reshoots that triggered Trank lashing out leading to him getting locked out from doing the reshoots; Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker ghost directed the reshoots as did Matthew Vaughn (specifically the 3rd act)

The ya-yo stuff isnt far off. The rumor is he was coked out of his gourd for parts of the shoot.