Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Formerly known as Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Well damn. Edgar Wright has dropped out of the Ant-Man movie over creative differences with the studio.

No clue on the details, but they say it's amicable. Hopefully Marvel Studios can sort it out and find a quality replacement.

http://www.comicbook...rticle&id=53020

I would love to see an awesome portrayal of Ant Man on the screen...but I fear it will end up being a comedy putting down Hank Pym.

If the comic books failed to make Pym seem cool as Ant Man for the majority of his published appearances, is one film going to manage to dig out the potential shown in the early Tales to Astonish stories (only hampered by some dodgy Silver Age writing), or focus on the fact that the potential was only reached in the comics during the abbreviated Dan Slott run on Mighty Avengers? I think not.

Can I say I've never been a fan of Scott Lang as Ant Man? He was used well in FF, no doubt, but he's just not the Hank Pym Ant Man. Sadly, Pym was so badly damaged for so many years in the comic books that it looked like the only choice was to create a new Ant Man and have Pym wallow in self-pity...

Wright's departure is unsettling, given how he's been invested in the project since Iron Man was getting made.