A. Heathen

Dare Devil - Criminal Intent

yeah, i loved the mirror sequence. not so original but done really well.

damn it, I knew it was going too well. They had to fuck it up with the new costume. And IMO, give me the homemade black costume and mask over this. blech.

daredevil-131112.jpg

damn it, I knew it was going too well. They had to fuck it up with the new costume. And IMO, give me the homemade black costume and mask over this. blech.

send a letter to them and complain about, how an ugly costume on a blind character enforces bad stereotypes.

• Upvote 4

aw fuck, this has ruined all other comic book shows for me

Yeah. DD handed Arrow, Gotham, S.H.E.I.L.D., and The Flash their asses and can go toe to toe with The Walking Dead

Right, so five episodes in, Daredevil - here's the problem....

Daredevil.

Should've made a Fisk show instead - the chap playing Wilson is proper fucking scary, exudes intensity and menace. Murdock on the other hand, kind of boring, charisma-free actor who keeps getting in the way of all the good stuff. Even the episode of the week goons have more presence than the man-in-black.

He gives good fight scenes all the same.

• Upvote 1

Commented on this over on the TV thread, after five episodes I'm quite enjoying it - the actor portraying Wilson Fisk is doing a great job, Daredevil/Murdock is kind of boring.

The main problem is that this show does make Arrow and The Flash or any other network super hero show look kind of bad.

The main problem is that this show does make Arrow and The Flash or any other network super hero show look kind of bad.

Arrow's bad on its own and Geoff Johns' St. Barry obsessed ass is the albatross around The Flash's neck on TV as Rebirth was/is to the comic

Sweeet jesus, this was a good show. Seriously. I have a few gripes about the pacing after ep. 9, but other than that, this was about as good as vintage Frank Miller Daredevil transferred to TV is ever going to get. Earlier in the thread I expressed some hesitancy over d'Onofrio as Kingpin. Boy howdy did he put that to shame. He absolutely owned the series. By far an wide the most interesting character in the whole series. His restraint, his struggle to contain his own inner demons, and his bullish, frankly scary rage-tantrums really brought it home.

Massive kudos. Now I'm all like...

61234656.jpg

• Upvote 2

I loved how the fight scenes were less flashy and much more brutal. In shows like Arrow, he usually just One Hit KO's guys in fight scenes, while in Daredevil it took a shit ton of hits to take out random thugs. (and at that point Matt was already an extremely skilled fighter.).

I really liked how they showed how Matt was dealing with his inner demons while trying to still maintain his composure. It's going to be interesting if they decide to do another Season and either go into Frank Miller early run or Born Again territory.

yeah those fight scenes are intense emotionally. reminded me of the amazing spiderman movie with andrew garfield. except spiderman always wins his fights. daredevil winds up dying or in a dumpster a third of the time.

• Upvote 1

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: daredevil :hattip:

think about how much they got right in nearly evryone's eyes. this show has almodst universal appeal.

Only 3 eps into DD but I am liking it a lot. The fight choreography has been excellent.

i am two in. the lead is a bit dull, but still an upgrade to the pretty guy from the movie (god i hope his batman will be better).

the fight scenes are really cool and look pretty realistic

What do people who know more than me think of the choice of Punisher?

He looks pretty good to me, but I am swayed by a big sexy man. So I should not be listens to.

• Upvote 3

I fucking love it. Maybe not big enough but he has the face for it. And I'm sure it's a role he can excel at. A+ choice