Sign in to follow this  
Demon Chas08

Yes, Virginia. There is a Shazam movie (coming soon)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/12/report-justice-league-in-may-2017-and-other-dc-films-to-be-announced-at-comic-con/

Nikki Finke has returned to the land of entertainment reporting and wasted no time in dropping a potential bombshell for comic book movie enthusiasts. She claims to know what Warner Bros is planning to announce at Comic Con, and historically, she has tended to know what she’s talking about most of the time.

Here’s what she says her sources tell her of the tentative release schedule WB/DC have in mind, some of which will be revealed to the public next month:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman

July 2016 – Shazam

Xmas 2016 – Sandman

May 2017 – Justice League

July 2017 – Wonder Woman

Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up

May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

Maybe Dwayne Johnson will be Black Adam. He says he is joining the DC movie fray

Meanwhile, 4 years later, someone is here to save the DC (movie) Universe and he's not Wonder Woman.

On 13.6.2014 at 7:49 PM, Lou K said:

Maybe Dwayne Johnson will be Black Adam. He says he is joining the DC movie fray

But he won't be in shazam, but in his own black Adam movie as far as I understand.

Shazam! pretty much looks like Geoff John's Shazam New 52 story brought into live-action... with Billy Batson initially less of a dick here than he was in that story, and with a superpowered Dr. Sivana replacing Black Adam's role in the story.

On 7/23/2018 at 6:29 AM, seventhcircle said:

But he won't be in shazam, but in his own black Adam movie as far as I understand.

Shazam looks fun, but I do not understand where DC's head is at with some of these. Like a stand alone Joker movie, for example, that may or may not be in continuity with the rest of the DCEU

The trailer makes it look fun, but I'm a little disappointed that they're doing it as a pisstake with a goofy Shazam. I guess they couldn't risk doing it in a way that would invite people to react with "this is how they should have done Superman!"

It looks like Captain Marvel to me. Proper "Shazam" was goofy as a cartoon dog with buck teeth, who works for people who HATE liberals and paedophiles equally.
But like to pretend they just hate paedophiles.

Apparently the movie and conspicuous 1940s racist writing has put a stop to DC's plan to collect Captain Marvel: The Monster Society of Evil epic to tie in with the film release. DC has canceled advanced orders stating "controversial material" as the reason. It's expected that DC didn't want to have to deal with media breaking the story of DC marketing their upcoming movie by releasing a comic collection marred by overtly racist material.

Either that, or a genius-intellect alien worm receiving the death penalty is too extreme for modern audience's tastes. Maybe it's that one. Poor Mister Mind....If only Hannah Arendt had been so kind to his unjust judgment.

• Like 1

SHAZAM!: THE MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by OTTO BINDER
Art by C.C. BECK and PETE COSTANZA
Cover by MICHAEL CHO
At first he was simply a disembodied voice on the radio, taunting Captain Marvel with his ever-more-fiendish schemes to conquer the world. Then, readers gasped as Mr. Mind was revealed—all two inches of him!

Can't imagine why they cancelled that.

• Upvote 2