Mick

Constantine Pilot 1.0 Leaked - SPOILERS

....Ok, some of ya'll are being a lil' too positive about this pilot... I'm not sure about this... :blink:

Don't let them fool you!! They've all been paid off by Warner Bros. They tried to get to me, and a few others, but we've resisted. Though I don't know for how much longer. They are coming!

....Ok, some of ya'll are being a lil' too positive about this pilot... I'm not sure about this... :blink:

Don't let them fool you!! They've all been paid off by Warner Bros. They tried to get to me, and a few others, but we've resisted. Though I don't know for how much longer. They are coming!

Room for two more...

One of us! (X4)

• Upvote 2

Of course it's a trick. Check the first post !

Of course it's a trick. Check the first post !

i have this this itch on my butt telling me... that some admin used all his power for a cheap joke, but its just that first-of-april-ish itch

He just might have been a little bit drunk, eh?

Man, some people went to a lot of work for an April Fool's Day joke. Was it even worth all the time and effort just to fool the rubes in to thinking there was actually going to be a Constantine TV show? One based on Hellblazer, no less? You guys even made a fake pilot to pretend to gush over and every thing. You went beyond.

Balty had to come along and spoil it by letting on that people have been praising some thing that's not quite so good. All the snickering while praising how excellent a piece of work it was, ah good times, good times.

• Upvote 2

He just might have been a little bit drunk, eh?

No, I don't think so. That's just Mick. I do miss that lunkhead

I feel a little silly, but after watching this... I'm kinda ecstatic. This is NOT the Nu52 Constantine by a loooong shot. It's our boy on that screen. Sadly, he's probably not going to be the main character of the show and will be more of a force of nature than a man but he is still our guy. And that makes me so happy.

This is the first time we've seen him since Hellblazer #300... or #250! Wooohoo!

Liv annoys me but she's cute so eh. And Chas is perfect. I loved it. Bit dodgy scene transitions and kinda piss poor pacing but overall the character interactions were spot on.

• Upvote 1

7.77/10

That was our John. Hell yes.

Most of the jump scares were fairly telegraphed but the cut to 'nana' brushing Liv's mom's hair was pretty cool.

My favorite part:

John: "It involves using you as bait."

Liv: "Why do I get the feeling you've already been doing that?"

John: (Smiles)

I almost like it better that he can't smoke all the time because it seems like he NEEDS a smoke all the time.

• Upvote 2

For "the record", I posted something pertaining to the popular Keanu Reeves movie, to draw attention to the fact that Hellblazer regulars were generally negative about that (some in advance of any evidence from the actual film, can you believe it?). Initial responses this time around seem to be more positive.

Apart from the smoking.

OMG that is more important than the trenchcoat!

I don't really see the massive issue with the smoking thing.

When I was younger and smoked I never did it in front of my parents. I knew I smoked, they knew I smoked they just didn't see it and it was never a problem (apart from the when I got lung cancer and had to make a deal with a demon and consign my soul to hell, but I haven't told them about that bit)

it's iconic though. but there was enough good stuff in the pilot to overlook that lost iconic aspect, i guess. i've taken some convincing but i'm coming around.

i am confused about the first post in this thread, particularly the date. did i miss when it was discussed here?

I don't really see the massive issue with the smoking thing.

It's American TV. We will show the kids all of the violence they can handle, and then some, but god forbid they see a naked boob or a guy smoking...gives them all sorts of bad ideas.

• Upvote 2

I'm kind of hoping they manage to make his not smoking on-camera a thing, constantly upping the ridiculous lengths to which they go to keep his cigs off screen whilst leaving no doubt as to the fact that he actually smokes.

Basically

, but with cigarettes instead of cock.

Hahaha sure do love AP.

It might be funny that all he wants is a smoke and every time he gets to spark one something fucked up happens and prevents him from doing so.

• Upvote 1

that would be kinda funny if they didn't totally milk it.

I don't want a comedy non smoking gag, but subtle visual clues will do nicely.

They already showed willing to play with us with the trailer's hands of flame that had nerds chomping at the bit.

• Upvote 1

I loved that he was playing with a lighter and seemed fidgety and impatient throughout the episode (like John would be if he couldn't smoke); and the implication that he finally had a smoke after the big to-do was over as a sort of relief was a nice touch.

Ok, instead of searching and reading ratings and critic´s opinions and expose myself to spoilers, I will just ask a short question; I have the series of Gargoyles, should I watch Gargoyles or Constantine?

• Upvote 1

Gargoyles was pretty neat. I was too old to really watch it when it was on TV, but I did catch it every so often, and it seemed a head above most kids shows.

Well, yeah, I was watching X-Men and Spider Man and Batman cartoons...but they were comic book shows, so that's totally different, ok? Batman:The Animated Series is pretty untouchable though. I own that series on DVDs.

And, I know that Constantine's opening won't be able to beat the Gargoyles one. It's no Millennium opening, mind. I'm just going to keep talking about that show.

Lmao! This one dude really thinks the show's tone going to be gear towards the New 52.

Yeah he did. I don't think any serious Hellblazer arcs are going to be adapted anytime soon. It's going to be New 52 in terms of story' date=' characters and feel but John is going to touch his Hellblazer roots.[/b'] I can see maybe elementso of Milligans run but the non smoking thing prohibits the use of Brendan Finn and the cancer and the sex factor says no to Ellie and half of Delano's run with many birth/rebirth and erotic parallels also John's bisexuality. Am i assuming too much ?

What a dolt!