Shawn

Who wants to Liv forever? - SPOILERS

Which surely must mean the pilot won't be screened, at least in its current form. She pretty much drives the entire plot, and killing her off would seem silly. As much of a Hellblazery habit as that sort of is.

Probably good news overall; Liv was pretty dull. Dully pretty, though.

I'd like a Zed. And I'm curious what they'll make her look like. Her original look was inextricably 80s.

Yeah. Stevie Nicks won't be able to play the role in 2014.

Well, damn. Seeing Liv every week seemed to be the best reason to watch Constantine! he he

It's so weird. It seems like they're messing with us. They get rid of teen-sidekick and viewer's perspective character Liv, and replce her with an actual Hellblazer character...

But, then, in the same paragraph, they reveal that more DC occult elements are to come.

It's like give me hope...then give me fear, by making me think that this will end up as Justice League Dark.

• Upvote 1

It's possible they mean several issues of Liv-perspective introduction and then she goes the way of

(1) Constantinian allies

(2) Constantinian love interests

I doubt she's the latter, but it would be perfectly reasonable for her to do a Kit when she realises what's going on.

By the way, they would have to be daft to not consider using the show as an "Agents of SHIELD" model for introducing storylines to the forthcoming Dark DCU film.

Huh.

That's a pretty big shift in direction, guess it shows guts, maybe ? She wasn't great in the pilot but I'm sure she would've grown into the role, shame they didn't keep this quiet - would've made for a good Game Of Thrones-esque twist.

Guest chamber7

A lot of people who saw the pilot seemed to not like Liv. The character seemed rather dull and generic but it was only a pilot episode so the character had room to grow.

Using Zed offers up a wide variety of early Hellblazer plots and characters like the resurrection crusade, Damnation Army, Nergal demon blood, ect

I found the character dull, too. Nothing wrong with that, unless the character is one of two leads expected to carry a new TV series.

A lot of people who saw the pilot seemed to not like Liv. The character seemed rather dull and generic but it was only a pilot episode so the character had room to grow.

Using Zed offers up a wide variety of early Hellblazer plots and characters like the resurrection crusade, Damnation Army, Nergal demon blood, ect

plus the probability of seeing Cheryl, Gemma and Holy Tony

what christian said.

they can still use the pilot but make that the end of Liv. They could kill her off in the pilot's end. maybe bile vomiting Nana gets her at her mom's.

but it would be easier to reshoot an ending than redo the whole thing. They'll keep the stuff with Manny, and any other non-Liv scenes, I suppose.

I want Ray. Con Ian McKellen into thinking he's on the set of Vicious and you wouldn't even have to pay

Very promising quote from one of the producers to Entertainment Weekly:

The nice thing about Swamp Thing, when he first teamed up with Constantine, was that Swamp Thing had abilities, Swamp Thing had skills. Constantine needed those skills. One of the coolest things about Constantine he doesn’t have any ‘powers.’ He came out of a time with all these superheroes with their garish colors and flashy powers, and he just comes out with a rumpled coat, wearing browns and greys, and he just knows a lot magic and spells, but it’s all knowledge-based. Anything he can do is based in knowledge and his own studying. Zed is actually one of the first women Constantine meets in the comic books, and she has various psychic powers. We felt ultimately she’s going to service the first season better as someone to pair Constantine up with. She can get in his face a little bit and have some of her own realizations and skills and really push him. But if whoever Constantine is working with is constantly on her heels, that just wouldn’t service the show really well.

Liv's complete lack of character or agency was one of my biggest gripes about the pilot, so I'm very happy to hear this.

Now if they can start pronouncing 'Constantine' correctly...

• Upvote 3

especially when we all know it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove"

Is that some sort of euphemism?

It's a euphemism for euphemisms

• Upvote 1

pronunciation.jpg

yeah, yeah, I posted that very same thing a month ago. *yawn*

:angry::shrug: (I should have added "j/k," to my other post. my bad)