Sign in to follow this  
Demon Chas08

The Spectre?

even though i like the concept of the spectre, i find it hard to imagine him into the world of jc. wouldnt john normally be on the hitlist of the spectre and since the spectre would piss john off, he would eventually be on johns hitlist too?

I'm sure they'll make it work if the scene from Books of Magic are anything to go by

i never got my hands on them and since i heard they were crap, i never bothered a lot anyway. so they actually did meet? can someone post the scene?

Mmmmm...not quite the same thing, that whole killing part. I think the Spectre could probably weigh your hearte with his eyeballs and so I would assume he has much bigger fish to fry. And battering people and frying them alive would be just something the Spectre would do. As fo x > y, well, you have the first fallen angel up against God's wrath.

ok generally agreed. it would have been funny to see the spectre in hb times, apart from that i could totally see john being written so that he can go toe to toe with the spectre, but alternatively we would have answers to questions, like how much weed does it take to chill gods wrath the fuck out.

i never got my hands on them and since i heard they were crap,

Whoa whoa whoa go and read the first 4 Books of Magic right the fuck now. NOW! What are you still doing here looking at me? GO!

He was also most excellent in that Swamp Thing mash up with Etrigan and JC and the gang.

• Upvote 2

Ha! I mean, were you thinking of the ongoing monthly series that spun out of the first four books? Those were OK, especially the first dozen maybe, but it got stale after a while.

But the original Niel Gaiman mini is just about must read material, IMO

• Upvote 2

i never got my hands on them and since i heard they were crap,

Whoa whoa whoa go and read the first 4 Books of Magic right the fuck now. NOW! What are you still doing here looking at me? GO!

He was also most excellent in that Swamp Thing mash up with Etrigan and JC and the gang.

What?

Maybe confused with that recent remixed version of the ongoing series? What was that called?

The original Neil Gaiman & friends version is spectacular.

The ongoing series Jon Ney Reiber and Peter Gross was Vertigo on decent form. Not everyone liked it (Lou), but I found it to be rather nice over the whole series. In fact by the end it had a rather brilliant momentum that was lost on failing readership figures.

Didn't The Spectre kick Constanteen52's ass at some point?

• Upvote 1

ok (i mean i enjoy sandman so far, so much for gaiman). while we are at it, what about the trenchcoat brigade miniseries?

DANGER ! DANGER !

tumblr_mev189wNzB1qbjhk7o1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

i take that as a 'do not read trenchcoat brigade' ade?

whenever i hear or read danger danger, i think of a women and a man that have light bulbs under their clothes. thanks very much electric six for fucking me poor little head.

• Upvote 2

ok (i mean i enjoy sandman so far, so much for gaiman). while we are at it, what about the trenchcoat brigade miniseries?

Avoid at all costs

Not everyone liked it (Lou),

Well, I liked the first few arcs, and the 1,000 Deaths of Timothy Hunter is still one of my favorite comics ever. And the anit-Tim was a great villain. But I think they lost me somewhere in the war with hell.

At any rate, must read stuff, 7C.

Actually thinking about it, it would be pretty cool if the Spectre had a go at John. Show up in his mirror, in his smokes, in his beer. He could really fuck with him and there would not be much John could do about it.

Hold on a fucking minute, I have just realised who Emmet Scanlan is !

Shitting hell these boys are putting in a lot of good work.

_1409968859.jpg

hm i somehow did not see the first post of ade :blink:

ok so the books of magic is on my santa wishlist (the amazon price seems reasonable), yeah i trust you guys that much :D

its really hard to get a hold on the original stuff over here, especially since we germans have the annoying tendency to translate everything and only publish that. it goes sometimes as far to that certain accents are translated into german accents (you have no fucking idea what that means). i really try to avoid amazon (there was a documentary here on how they treat their personal that is shipping the stuff) but there seems no way around it.

Actually thinking about it, it would be pretty cool if the Spectre had a go at John. Show up in his mirror, in his smokes, in his beer. He could really fuck with him and there would not be much John could do about it.

if john knows about the spectre, he could protect himself, after all the spectre has weaknesses. i honestly do not like the idea very much, that john can take it on with all of hell, but has to give up to a certain level of divine beings.

Hold on a fucking minute, I have just realised who Emmet Scanlan is !

Shitting hell these boys are putting in a lot of good work.

_1409968859.jpg

argh i know this one, dammit. help me out?

while at this: i really like their general tendeny to build in as much easter-eggs for geeks as possible. corrigan, dr mist, this helm of nabu (spelled right?) even though they are not necasserily part of hb, its nice to see how much thought they put into dropping them and the ease those are incorporated. i really feel their wet lips on my ass. it is almost embarrassing how much they want to satisfy us :laugh:

In other news

3763712-spectre+heaven.jpg

just please... keep that out of my sight :wink:. btw if you change two letters in the title, you have a dirty little inuendo.*

have you noticed, that they changed the wings of manny? they look so much better in ep4 then ep1.

*actually you don't. it is a dirty innuendo.

Edited by seventhcircle

hm he looks the part i grant you. but his eyes? they look somewhat demonic. i felt reminded of that demon, whatshisname? he had a thing for boys and tried to get his dirty claws on the boy of one of johns friends. also as the spectre he has no pupil at all right?

That was so well done.

They are shaping up for American Gothic big time now.

I could accept a trade of Spectre for Swampy in the TV series.

• Upvote 2