JohnMcMahon

Has NBC ruined 'Constantine' by straightwashing its protagonist?

17 members have voted

1. 1. Well ?

• Yes!
    • No!

At this point I would be very surprised if that line from 51 didn't pop up sometime in the first season never to be referenced again. Just like the comics.

• Upvote 1

um, sorry if this offends. if it does, lighten up. a bisexual tumblrite posted it first.

tumblr_nb6vw1gCks1qk07bzo1_500.png

btw, here's the best point made in this argument I've read anywhere.

a bunch of people have noted that John Constantine’s bisexuality, established with an offhand remark in Hellblazer #51 (March 1992), doesn’t get a particularly stellar treatment in the actual comics — the only time he’s shown actually being sexually involved with another guy is when he does it for the purposes of a con during (Azzarello)’s* awful run on Hellblazer — and the implication seems to be that for this reason, the people campaigning to have his sexuality carry into the NBC adaptation are, like, doing it wrong.

I get where they’re coming from. but I think to see a character like Constantine as just one, unified, “canonical” thing is itself an exercise in point-missing. and I mean, I guess this applies to any work of fiction, but especially to a creation that has passed through so many hands. look at each writer who’s had the job of writing an “official” John Constantine over the decades, how strongly each one prints (him/her)self on him (it became a running joke among fans eventually, how every time the series changed hands John went to wherever the person currently writing him was from).

• Upvote 1

as many as it takes to get to the tootsie roll center. the world may never know. (do we count dogs?)

How many cocks has John sucked?

about a dickzillion, duuuuh. he of cause always combines the sausage with the bun, or how it is called (if you would stick deeper into the mixed stuff you would know) a hot dog, which means he has sucked on as much meat as he has eaten camel toe. i make this stuff up as i write and i am not very good i realize, otherwise i would write bad sex fiction like fifty shades.... and make millions off of garbage. damn why i am not as versatile...

*Edit who the fuck makes up the member titles. why am i a hogwarts graduate. i am a religious pupil of marx not of dumbledore damn you!!! :angry:

• Upvote 1

the googlebot did it.

yOUr stATemeNt Is inVaLid. PLeasE dEfiNE "iT"

internet tech. IT.