A. Heathen

Joey Phillips is Nergal

Pic isn't working for me, but I took a peek at his IMDB page and though his filmic career is quite short, it's dominated by horror. Solace is about a psychic FBI agent hunting a serial killer; I Remember Dying on Halloween and Satanic Panic 2: Battle of the Bands are both pretty self-explanatory; and while Summers* Over isn't a horror film, the name of his character - Jason V - sounds like it ought to be.

So yeah, not the most illustrious-looking filmography so far, but James Cameron started out on Piranha 2...

And it looks like before acting he was involved in forensics, because he has five 'forensic technical consultant' credits, which is cool.

* Sic.

His horror lineage will give him the strong stomach he needs to do the squishy part of building Ironfist the Avenger

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i'm in danger of being romanced out of my clothes and flirting with the "they can do no wrong" approach to viewing it because it seems to me they are going over and above the effort to get so much right by the fans. and i'm sure this is not the case because it is a business, but they really seem to be trying to atone for the 2005 collapse in judgment that set them adrift so foul.

Depends who 'they' are. I think Warners and DC don't give a flying fuck about the Constantine movie's success with fans, and only wish it had made more money. On the other hand, I get the impression that the people running this show are genuinely fans of the comic and are taking care to adapt the comic and character in the most accurate and appropriate way possible, given the restrictions inherent in making a US network show.

I never thought I'd write that.

• Upvote 1

right but surely they are aware of how poorly that film was received, they probably hated it too, so if they truly are fans, then they might have a devoted mission for their fellow fans, or a labor of love they think we all deserve. we were so soullessly wronged. just like Dune was!

On the other hand, I get the impression that the people running this show are genuinely fans of the comic and are taking care to adapt the comic and character in the most accurate and appropriate way possible

This, oh so much this - even if it all goes to fuck and the story that they end up telling is utter dogshit, there's no denying that they've tried to bring John Constantine to the small screen.

It might be reading too much into a small thing (on the internet ? oh come on!) but the fact that any comic talk coming out of the TV camp is focused on the deceased Hellblazer title rather than the could-use-the-sales-boost Constantine says their heart is in the right place to me.

• Upvote 2

me too, and when they use their tongue like they have been doing, it's utterly delightful!

• Upvote 1

Looks a bit silly to me, but only because of the hair. Bald, that would look pretty cool.

• Upvote 1

I like it as well, seems like it could be filmed to be creepy enough, yet not too grimdark.

Guest Guest

Joey is a fan of the series and a good actor, very talented guy. I can assure you he will take this VERY seriously to deliver.