Sign in to follow this  
slinker

What If Peter Milligan had written the comic that inspired a TV series ?

A. Heathen    1,129

Your original post was in the wrong thread to start with and then it became a tangential blot on a thread which ought to be used to grow new Hellblazer fans.

It deserves its own place.

In fact I may just move all future criticism aimed at Peter Milligan's one man disrespecting of John Constantine to this thread.

seventhcircle    582

Finally a thread with the sole purpose of hating on milligan. I am sure there were others. Well deserved.

HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE! (this is a dave chapelle "player haters ball" reference ;) )

• Upvote 1

slinker    893

well ok then. but your time would be better spent getting that comicon video to post that has matt ryan as john c smoking for real. earn, i say, earn your stripes, son! :icon_wink:

slinker    893

why, i'm so offended i might not be able to do my job! water me, carol, my roots are dying! i mean dyed!

slinker    893

that doesn't cause me to want to quit writing, though.

slinker    893

nope, the first one makes me want to quit my job as a writer of entertainment media. it makes me rethink my career choice of being a writer for the new Constantine TV series on NBC. the second one makes me go, "huh?"

if the mean justifies the end, the first one was meaner. (that was good writing right there, that was!)

seventhcircle    582

well as long as it works. In the end there is no greater indignity, than being called out to by fanboys to be as bad as the man whom literarily as well as literally killed off their precious.

slinker    893

this thread should be called "what if peter milligan got a job writing a book he didn't create which bored him so he injected his own character into the story which made him happy but pissed most everybody else off?"

I know it's kind of wordy, but that's why I write. quantity over quality, right Milligan apologists? :boogie:

Christian    744

I'm not even sure why Milligan would show up on this site. It's not as if he's writing John Constantine now, anyway. It was a job. He cashed his paycheck. Now, he's moved on. Next up:Doop! After that? Perhaps the world.

What this thread needs is someone to create a fake Milligan account and show up here.

Maybe the first post should be, "This is immortality, fuckers. I screwed up your favourite character on purpose and got his book canceled, just to hear you whiny little bitches moaning. You're still here talking about my work on your stupid little comic book after I've been gone for over a year now. You're feeding my power, little boys. Making me stronger. What other characters do you like? Tell me, because I'm going to take over that book and fuck that character straight up the ass too, just to spite you."

Slinker would believe every minute of it.

I might have more forgiveness for Assarello than Mulligan. See what I did there?

I'm not much of a fan of Azzarello's work, really. He's done some decent stuff, but I don't really enjoy his work.

Milligan gave me years of great work. His HB was absolutely abysmal, but he has so much work that I love. I could never hate you, Milligan. No matter what, BFF.

• Upvote 2

seventhcircle    582

That is the point isn't it. I think he was completely oblivious to the fact, that he desecrated john. He really thinks he did a good job, or that is what I got from the interview. And there was no one in the editorial staff to tell him otherwise. If he would come here and see that some people are still butthurt over what he did, he might in retrospective feel at least indifferent about his run. It's ironic how the last chapter of a horror comic was not horror at all in the content, but utter horror in the execution.

Christian    744

"Comic creator Peter Milligan commits suicide after visiting Hellblazer fan site, Straight to Hell, where fans wised him up to the fact that he really didn't write the perfect John Constantine, as he allowed himself to think for a number of years.

Some fans expressed regret over Milligan's untimely demise. One member named Slinker (may or may not be his real name) seemed to be quite happy, being quoted as saying, "He deserved it, man. He brought it on himself.", and then rambling on about Planet of the Apes for a while at the end of his internet posting."

• Upvote 5

slinker    893

That is the point isn't it. I think he was completely oblivious to the fact, that he desecrated john. He really thinks he did a good job, or that is what I got from the interview. And there was no one in the editorial staff to tell him otherwise. If he would come here and see that some people are still butthurt over what he did, he might in retrospective feel at least indifferent about his run. It's ironic how the last chapter of a horror comic was not horror at all in the content, but utter horror in the execution.

if the above is correct, then he's an idiot. it fits my case that he had a more malicious contempt for the book, the characters, or those associated with the book through the years. it doesn't seem like he's oblivious to his desecration, he seems more to revel in it.

Red    467

So in conclusion: Milligan? more like Milligan't

rckab9.png

This made the whole thread seem worth it.