JohnMcMahon

SDCC Constantine Trailer

Nice; I actually like that they're playing up the horror (such as it is). The flash of the fleshy eyeball skull is way more graphic than I ever expected the show to be.

I do wonder if the tone's going to blind-side people a bit, since his funny side's pretty much absent from the entire trailer. Even his line at the end is slightly bad-ass.

looks cool, but why show the bit with chas and electro's tentacle? spoiler alert! oh! how about that dubstep theme?

• Upvote 2

looks cool, but why show the bit with chas and electro's tentacle? spoiler alert! oh! how about that dubstep theme?

At this point I'm willing to accept the idea of John put a tiny sigil on him that keeps him alive

• Upvote 1

Bit sick of all these post-Inception BWAAAAAAMS on trailers, but the individual scenes look like a lot of fun. Most of that's from the pilot, save for stabby kid, bloody arms and the bit with the crowbar. Uh, and maybe that panning shot over all the beds or whatever they were.

Anyway, I'm well up for this. Hoping it won't all be ghosts and spirits, but a possessed kid's not a bad place to start, as far as monsters of the week go. And I like the more scary, less goofy tone of the trailer.

It's weirdly edited together, though. Divvying up the possessed kid plot and scattering it between the stuff from the pilot makes it look a bit unfocused. I'm guessing that it's supposed to juxtapose the Astra storyline with the other kid in peril, but I'm not sure it comes off.

Guest Gillian

Wathcing the comments on Youtube really pisses me off.

People still saying "It sucks because it's not Keanu Reeves", "Constantine is a Castiel's rip-off"

Makes me want to reach my hand on these people trough the monitor and give them a smack with my Hellblazer comics.

I just got a feeling they're going to to the Shadow dog story in some way. That'd make me squeeee like a fanboy. "When an ancient evil rises, only one man can send it back".

• Upvote 1

That would be awesome. I'd say save it for the second season, to flip the established format on its head, but I guess holding back when you don't even have a full season order probably isn't the way to go.

Actually, I'm hoping that they'll mostly write new stories for the series, though if some of the old faves get a 're-imagining' then I won't complain. Which would be a first for me, obv.

Oh, I wouldn't want a page-to-screen adaptation of that story, but if they use the core idea, and go with it, it could work so incredibly well. Imagine the season finale!

• Upvote 2

when he gathers all those other sorcerers, mages and the like? that would be So cool! i vote yes to shadow dog! that came from Carey, too, didn't it? yes!

Wathcing the comments on Youtube really pisses me off.

People still saying "It sucks because it's not Keanu Reeves", "Constantine is a Castiel's rip-off"

Makes me want to reach my hand on these people trough the monitor and give them a smack with my Hellblazer comics.

say it with me: "people are dumb as hell. especially those who comment on youtube videos!"

• Upvote 2