Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

Superpowers

That is awesome. I personally like: "infinite storage via mouth", "affect reality by flexing muscles", "turn into blaxplotation hero", "wiggle ears" and "explosive sweat".

I think the only things missing here are "explosive diarrea" and the ability to stop time (is there really no one in dc who can do that, besides the omnipotent ones?).

I mean if I had to choose one superpower it would be exactly that. Depending on the drawbacks of the power, it would be one useful ability. (The timestopping one of cause and not diarrea, can live without it :D)

Flash and the like can move fast enough that time basically stops for them; but that's about it I think.

Someone on the X-Men has the power to stop time. It's one of the new recruits who have joined Cyclops squad, if you're following X-story-lines at all.

Clock King, or somebody with a name something like that, who is a villain at DC can stop time. I think he has a magical pocket watch, just like on that episode of Twilight Zone.

I'm pretty sure there have been a couple others who can manipulate time in such and such a manner, but right now, I'm not sure...

• Upvote 1

but using a magical gadget, doesn't really make one superpowered, or does it? Wasn't the guy in the batman animated series or something?

I think a magical whatch to manipulate time, is about the most boring thing ever. why not an ugly strapon, that once you put over stops time, because it is so disgusting the universe itself refuses to work properly when somebody wields it.

Flash and the like can move fast enough that time basically stops for them; but that's about it I think.

i am not that big a nut for the flash, but i think speedsters have to tap into the speedforce to achieve an effect similar to timestop. and either way, if things move really really slow, it is not the same as time stopping. in my mind a guy who can stop time can easily beat the flash, or anyone for that matter.

A guy who can stop time should really be the Flash's arch-nemesis. Unfortunately, DC figured that a guy who moved really, really slowly (being the opposite of Flash) should be his arch-nemesis. Or, maybe they didn't and I just made that up. I'm sure the Flash did have a villain named The Turtle though.

I love the William Messner-Loebs run on Flash from the 1980s. You should check that out.

And, Grant Morrison's brief run on Flash is all sorts of mind-expanding fun.

Otherwise, I don't like the Flash very much either.

• Upvote 2

Those two runs (LOL) are great stuff.

The Golden Age / Silver Age crossover stuff is fun, and important in the scheme of pre-post-Crisis criseses.

will keep looking out for that.

you know it would be funny if they introduced a character that can actually stop time, he defeats the justice leage and all those superbuggers and then...

he tries the shit on nu52 john, which turns out bad, since john had (oh the luck) just cast a spell on himself this morning that makes him immune to time related matters or something. in the end it turns out that the all the nu52 constateen stories were told by a guy in the bar to a guy that looks remarkably like our boy and he says: you think that is how you magic works, ennit? but i tell you one thing, you are wrong, about everything, here let me show you. REBOOOOOOT

i can stop time when i'm really really stoned.

that is maybe the story behind flash. everything seems to move really slow for him, he always has the munchies and he has that goofy thing about him. also that costume, he had to be pretty fucking stoned to design this abomination.

• Upvote 1

two stoners are standing on the corner when a UFO comes screaming by them. One of the stoners turns to the other and says,"Did you see that?"

The other responds, "Yeah, it was going so slow I thought it would never get by."