Sign in to follow this  
Demon Chas08

Titans on TNT

http://deadline.com/2014/09/titans-show-dc-comics-tnt-pilot-order-833189/

Warner Bros. TV is rapidly expanding its live-action DC Comics TV universe. This season, it is going from one to four primetime series, returning Arrow and freshmen The Flash, Gotham and Constantine, and already is prepping another major broadcast franchise with Supergirl. Now the studio is expanding the DC brand to cable drama with Titans, a project that is nearing a pilot order at TNT. Titans is one of three TNT drama pilots stuck on the runaway, awaiting a formal green light as the network is undergoing a regime change. The other two are Lumen from Amblin TV and the Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay-produced Cocaine Cowboys.

Written by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman and executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes, Titans revolves around the eponymous group of young Super Heroes-to-be from the DC Universe. The action series centers on Dick Grayson (probably best known for his alter ego as Robin), who emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a fearless band of new Super Heroes including Starfire, Raven and many others. Goldsman executive produces, with Haimes serving as co-executive producer for WBTV’s cable division Warner Horizon.

WBTV has been mining the Titans characters on the animation side with the kids series Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! on sister Cartoon Network.

Akiva Goldsmith + TNT = my response. I can't imagine they will so the (Teen) Titans proper. Maybe I'd have more hope if it were being overseen by the folks on Arrow & Flash.

Akiva Goldsmith + TNT = my response. I can't imagine they will so the (Teen) Titans proper. Maybe I'd have more hope if it were being overseen by the folks on Arrow & Flash.

Can't fuck with those who had a hand in the GL movie who're producing them (and now Supergirl in the works) anymore than Goldsman. If I watch the Flash, I'd be an accessory to DiDio & Johns' belief that only Barry as the Flash matters

Barry is the one more people know. I have a great amount of faith in The Flash series.

With Titans I don't see how they'd tap into the whole "former teen sidekicks stepping up." None of the characters have been established so there would be no weight, no reason to be invested whether or no a former Bat-boy is leading his own team. If they took to build up the characters a bit...maybe...otherwise it's just good looking young adults in tights.

Barry is the one more people know. I have a great amount of faith in The Flash series.

With Titans I don't see how they'd tap into the whole "former teen sidekicks stepping up." None of the characters have been established so there would be no weight, no reason to be invested whether or no a former Bat-boy is leading his own team. If they took to build up the characters a bit...maybe...otherwise it's just good looking young adults in tights.

Fans (whether the comic or the 1.8-2.9Mil TV viewers Arrow usually gets), yes. the General Public no so much apart from knowing Wally via the DCAU and Young Justice (though as Kid Flash)