Shawn

Lucifer being played for laughs for TV

Vagabond    154

Oh, they can't. I feel like this would be too costly for network tv if it's faithful to the comics, which it won't be. No sign of involevment from Mike Carey, huh?

Red    467

What the what? Should we start a casting thread? I'd personally nominate Charles Dance for the role of Lucifer. Sure, he's a bit going on in years, but he has the attitude down pat.

• Upvote 1

Gwilym    330

At least the thread gives me a chance to note how excited I am about reading Lucifer. I've just re-read the 'Season of Mists' arc of Sandman, and it's reminded me how much I enjoyed the early Lucifer stories I read last year. It'll probably be my next read when I'm through with Sandman.

• Upvote 3

Red    467

I love Lucifer!

I also love the fact that I can write this here, and noone takes me to be a crazed satanist.

• Upvote 2

Shawn    297

I've been re-reading the series as the new trades have been coming out. One more to go! I think it drops in late December (maybe 24th) haha.

It's been amazng going back through it all. I will admit, at times I've enjoyed it more than Sandman (which I've been re-reading also).

In the perfect world of my head, Tom Hiddleston would play The Lightbringer.

• Upvote 2

slinker    893

Wait. FOX the conservative+ "network for dummies" that thinks creationism is science is really going to produce and show about the arch demon of hell? yeah, sure, and my dick's so big, it takes 10 prostitutes to sufficiently blow me. And they still get jaw cramps!

I call bullshit that it will ever air on FOX especially named "Lucifer.". Do you know how many old Texas ladies will suffer strokes when they see the first ad for it? All of the registered republicans, anyway.

Maybe FXx will show it after all good christians have said their prayers and gone to bed for a few hours, but not FOX. I would bet the house on it never showing on that network even with 26 episodes ordered and in the can.

• Upvote 1

Dave    265

You are confusing FOX NEWS for the FOX network. They are 2 completely separate entities.

Christian    744

Except owned by the same man and one feeds profits to help the other...

Didn't you see the Simpsons episode, Slinker? With Kent Brockman going to unveil the media conspiracy after he got fired as news anchor? Homer flipping back and forth between FOX Network and FOX News.

In order to get the greenlight, though, Bill O'Reiley must have a rebuttal after every episode. Fair and balanced!

Oh, and Lucifer is fine with the Creationism crowd. It features the Judeo-Christian creator deity in it.

• Upvote 1

slinker    893

You are confusing FOX NEWS for the FOX network. They are 2 completely separate entities.

but t hey are owned by the same murdoch, are they not?

Dave    265

Indeed, but so is FX and FXX and 21 Century Fox Films. I have never seen any evidence that Fox News has any effect on the entertainment division.

• Upvote 1

Speedblazer    141

Maybe FXx will show it after all good christians have said their prayers and gone to bed for a few hours, but not FOX. I would bet the house on it never showing on that network even with 26 episodes ordered and in the can.

Luckily I'm not a good lil christian who practically loves to learn about demons for novels. lol.

But honestly, Fox strikes me as a station that wouldn't dare go THAT far with wanting tv shows.

A. Heathen    1,130

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/09/ive-just-read-lucifer-pilot-cop-show-cute-kid/

The twist to the Lucifer/Chloe relationship is that she appears to be the only woman who is not attracted to Lucifer in some way, indeed his very presence gives her the heebies. And he seems to see that as a fascinating challenge. We get the kind of Moonlightingrelationship without the inevitable and show-destroying sex.

What Lucifer also gives us is a lot of talk. This is, to some extent natural, Lucifer is portrayed as a lover not a fighter, and a man who uses words to get people to do what he wants. However, as a result amongst the monologues pretending to be dialogues, there’s a lot of “tell” and not a lot of “show”. To have a chance of succeeding they’ll need to cast a loquacious non-violent alpha male. Basically they need Russell Brand.

Demon Chas08    295

http://www.bleedingc...-show-cute-kid/

The twist to the Lucifer/Chloe relationship is that she appears to be the only woman who is not attracted to Lucifer in some way, indeed his very presence gives her the heebies. And he seems to see that as a fascinating challenge. We get the kind of Moonlightingrelationship without the inevitable and show-destroying sex.

What Lucifer also gives us is a lot of talk. This is, to some extent natural, Lucifer is portrayed as a lover not a fighter, and a man who uses words to get people to do what he wants. However, as a result amongst the monologues pretending to be dialogues, there’s a lot of “tell” and not a lot of “show”. To have a chance of succeeding they’ll need to cast a loquacious non-violent alpha male. Basically they need Russell Brand.

Ec2TVI1.gif

• Upvote 1

Red    467

Umm, what does this have to do with the comic? This doesn't even seem remotely similar, from the description, except that some of the names are the same.

A talkative Lucifer intent on charming the ladies? Say what? One of the very best things about the comic was Lucifer's "voice". He never once minced words, no flippant comments, everything designed to have an effect.

And here we get garbled horrors like this:

"Lately I've been doing a fair amount of thinking. Do you think I'm the Devil because I'm inherently evil or simply because dear ol'dad decided I was? Is this a classic case of labeling? What do you think?"

:angry: :angry:

• Upvote 1

Red    467

Gwilym, I love you! That is possibly the best comment possible on this topic. :wub: :wub:

Gwilym    330

I still can't believe how awful those script excerpts are. It's like live-action Poochie.