Shawn

Lucifer being played for laughs for TV

I dreamed last night that Julia Davis was playing David Bowie.

Later, David Bowie was a small yellow spider, and I put him in a zip-lock bag with another spider, as some kind of joke. Then I became distraught because there was no way to let David Bowie the Spider out without him being damaged by the apple core that was also in the bag. I was inconsolable, bawling about how he's only a small creature and how could I do something so horrible and how can I fix this

My point is that both of these would be a far better Lucifer show than the one we're getting :(

Julia as David is an inspired bit of casting that I stand by 100% in my waking hours

• Upvote 2

Hey, it can't be much worse than Gotham

But might be worse than a certain film that turned 10 years old this month and League of Extraordinary Gentleman

Sounds like a sitcom.

Lou, what the hell is going on here? (Laugh track)

Damned if I know! (Oooooh)

• Upvote 2

Aside from Gwilym's dream post, I widh I'd never read this thread.

What a really weird fit for the part. He's an OK actor, but seems too...cheery, and not at all arrogant. My dream-Lucifer is a young Charles Dance.

What a really weird fit for the part. He's an OK actor, but seems too...cheery, and not at all arrogant. My dream-Lucifer is a young Charles Dance.

Having realized he was in For Your Eyes Only, I must agree.

The new trailer

, it's not the Lucifer we know and love although there are glimpses of it. I'll watch it though.

Sweet baby Beelzebub, that's awful. Why would they even want to tie this to the comic? It's obviously got nothing to do with the Vertigo Lucifer character.

It also really annoys me that in this trailer at least, Lucifer comes off as a minor demon at most, not the next-to-god-in-power Devil himself. He even looks scared of Amenadiel. What's the point of casting the actual Devil if you're going to reduce him to a second-rate con-artist?