Lucifer being played for laughs for TV

Speedblazer    141

Sorry for double post.

Wait.

Cocky British guy with dry wit and knowledge of magic

A black angel who visits this British man about terrible events

Demons

paranormal

Yep. This is Constantine's bastard baby birthed with CSI.

Demon Chas08    295

Ikr. Bruckheimer is just as mismatched for a comic book show as Aaron Spelling was for producing Lucille Ball's final sitcom from 29 years earlier.

Demon Chas08    295

LMAO @ the few commenters on the YT link saying this sideshow might be better than Constantine. Some people are in dire need of lobotomies

Gwilym    330

So yeah, terrible. And also a blatant waste of licensing rights. I suppose Mike Carey will get some cash for this, and that's great, but he's really not earned it.

Also, TV wants me to think black men are angels. Or TV is just really desperate to use the Magical Negro trope, and this is the only way they can really get away with it anymore.

Vagabond    154

And also a blatant waste of licensing rights. I suppose Mike Carey will get some cash for this, and that's great, but he's really not earned it.

Not sure he will, he didn't create the characters and we're dealing with DC here.

Demon Chas08    295

So yeah, terrible. And also a blatant waste of licensing rights. I suppose Mike Carey will get some cash for this, and that's great, but he's really not earned it.

Also, TV wants me to think black men are angels. Or TV is just really desperate to use the Magical Negro trope, and this is the only way they can really get away with it anymore.

Pretty much. Here, it looks like they ripped off Manny on the idea alone

Demon Chas08    295

And also a blatant waste of licensing rights. I suppose Mike Carey will get some cash for this, and that's great, but he's really not earned it.

Not sure he will, he didn't create the characters and we're dealing with DC here.

Plus Gaiman tweeted a positive reponse to the pilot having seen it himself. Then again he did write Nightmare in Silver so...

slinker    893

I'm stealing this line - it looks like an awful buddy cop series.

wolvy    58

Plus Gaiman tweeted a positive reponse to the pilot having seen it himself. Then again he did write Nightmare in Silver so...

He didn't say it was "Good." Just that it was a mindless fun. But then he could be Bullshitting and trying not to talk down to it.

It looked like a supernatural version of Sherlock/Elementary/Castle. So while the show itself COULD turn out interesting. I know for fact they wouldn't be able to properly pull of Mike Carey's series due to the budget and being has how Lucifer has near limitless powers and had bigger fish to fry than dealing with the LAPD and solving crimes.

Demon Chas08    295

He didn't say it was "Good." Just that it was a mindless fun. But then he could be Bullshitting and trying not to talk down to it.

It looked like a supernatural version of Sherlock/Elementary/Castle. So while the show itself COULD turn out interesting. I know for fact they wouldn't be able to properly pull of Mike Carey's series due to the budget and being has how Lucifer has near limitless powers and had bigger fish to fry than dealing with the LAPD and solving crimes.

Or Kapinos and Bruckheimer just couldn't be arsed with the idea bigger beyond their wildest imagination

Red    467

The new Keanustanteen

When it comes to distance from the source material, I'd say this looks a lot worse, actually.

Red    467

aaaaHAHAHAHAHAHA!

One Million Moms has launched a petition asking Fox to cancel their planned spring 2016 television series Lucifer. The show, based on the DC/Vertigo series of the same name, focuses on the biblical demon as he leaves Hell to live in Los Angeles in what One Million Moms describes will " glorify Satan as a caring, likeable person in human flesh."
  • Upvote 1

"The show, based on the DC/Vertigo series of the same name, focuses on the biblical demon as he leaves Hell to live in Los Angeles in what One Million Moms describes will " glorify Satan as a caring, likeable person in human flesh."

Haw haw haw haw

No.