Shawn

Lucifer being played for laughs for TV

dogpoet    496

Well yeah, but why on Earth are they doing a Lucifer series in the first place if they have no interest in doing all of the cosmic other-worldly stuff? There are shitloads of other characters they could use for that, after all.

Christian    805

Because, the Lucifer name-brand sells!

They could at least make a more interesting premise and write the character closer to in the comic, even if they left out the other-worldly stuff.

Surprisingly, considering the circumstances, we at least get, what looks to be, a pretty good relaunch of the actual comic out of the mess.

metanoia    69

Episode 6 and it got slightly more interesting, less police procedural. I was on the verge of giving up on it but I think I'll give it a bit more of a chance.

Red    467

This is really so VERY AWFUL so far. Lucifer is a petulant, stupid, sexist douche, who is nearly powerless. I'm not kidding, Mazikeen is a LOT more powerful than he is. Heck, most of the time normal cops are more powerful than him. And he is so, so clueless. For having lived very very long, he really has zero insight into human psychology.

It really takes some effort to be able to make the devil, of all characters, boring and unengaging. And it's ALL in the script. While I disagree with the style of casting, it really isn't Tom Ellis' fault that his character sucks. He does an OK job with the poor stuff he's given.

Pooka    820

I haven't seen this yet but on the Amazon tv thing there's an advert for this and every time my daughter sees it she says "I not like that. I not want it!." So I'm going with her opinion.

• Upvote 2

Red    467

Wow, it looks like they're actually turning it into a redemption story where Lucifer discovers his human side!

Red    467

Don't. It feels like pure masochism when I watch it. Except I don't experience any pleasure, only pain.

• Upvote 1

Red    467

I just saw the season finale. I really regret putting myself through this.

Lucifer actually at one point PRAYS to god, saying he'll do God's will, if he'll just spare the life of the female detective he works with.

Maze (Mazikeen) has a love affair with an angel, and spends the last episodes sulking that people are "using her".

One fun detail, though: A bit character in one episode is called Mike Carey :D

A. Heathen    1,170

I'm out.

Seriously Fucked up world for mediocre telly if that gets more while Constantine gets canned.

Gwilym    330

I assume the entire episode is him being repeatedly kicked in the oeuvre

seventhcircle    597

I'm out.

Seriously Fucked up world for mediocre telly if that gets more while Constantine gets canned.

i am impressed you could do it this far, i stopped after two episodes, it was to much shit.

Red    467

I assume the entire episode is him being repeatedly kicked in the oeuvre

Entertainingly enough, he

gets violently killed by a misguided Lucifer-fan.

That's an almost perfect metaphor for the series.

• Upvote 1

I'm not even going to bother with this. The trailers look sooooooo friggin' cheesy. It's indeed a shame that Constantine, Hannibal , etc. get cancelled while shit like this continues to be put out and eaten up by the masses.