Demon Chas08

Supergirl flies to CBS

Demon Chas08    295
Earlier this month it was announced that Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler are working on a re-imagining of Supergirl for a possible TV series. As awesome as it was to hear that a female superhero might actually get a show all for her very own, we had some reservations—would the “re-imagining” detract from what drew many fans to the character initially? Would a TV series alone really be enough to demonstrate fans’ appetite for super-strong female characters? Never fear! In a recent interview with Variety, Berlanti shared his thoughts on gender norms and representation and got us pretty excited for the potential series.

Berlanti: We’re well past due for those kind of characters in film and TV. I’ve gotten a number of messages from friends and former coworkers who write me about their daughters wearing superhero outfits instead of princess outfits and how they’re grateful that people are working on it. I definitely think there’s a need.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/19/cbs-orders-supergirl-series?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

slinker    893

What's the bawdy grrrl going to do on the old lady sipping tea network? Is Angela Landsbury going to teach her to sew doilies in between bouts of fighting crime and accidentally finding dead bodies? CBS is SO retired square baby boomer netwqork. WWII vets who are still alive watch CBS because it still showcases tech from their era they can understand. The weather experts on CBS go outside to see if it's raining just minutes before they report the weather. Their stories come in over teletype machines!

Demon Chas08    295

What's the bawdy grrrl going to do on the old lady sipping tea network? Is Angela Landsbury going to teach her to sew doilies in between bouts of fighting crime and accidentally finding dead bodies? CBS is SO retired square baby boomer netwqork. WWII vets who are still alive watch CBS because it still showcases tech from their era they can understand. The weather experts on CBS go outside to see if it's raining just minutes before they report the weather. Their stories come in over teletype machines!

The one thing the network can't escaped even after years of being dubbed the Hillbilly Network and the current Lorre-Bruckheimer Station, is been the Old people Network

• Upvote 1

seventhcircle    582

two questions: will they dye her hair and eyebrows (there is not a lot looking as cold as a brunette with blonde hair that has a) no bleeched eyebrows and b) brown eyes). second: will there be a power girl... *drooling... i mean no ulterior motive behind the question *cough

Demon Chas08    295

two questions: will they dye her hair and eyebrows (there is not a lot looking as cold as a brunette with blonde hair that has a) no bleeched eyebrows and b) brown eyes). second: will there be a power girl... *drooling... i mean no ulterior motive behind the question *cough

No Power Girl

seventhcircle    582

No Power Girl

i am sad now.

seventhcircle    582

i do not know why, but i envision here saying something along the lines: "...like there was this big guy, like really big and he was just like uh... i can't even..."

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

i do not know why, but i envision here saying something along the lines: "...like there was this big guy, like really big and he was just like uh... i can't even..."

Heh!

Suprisingly, this may be the only Berlanti-DCU outfit reveal that pleases me. The one for Arsenal is almost close and The Flash cowl was spot on (before we had the misfortune of seeing the rest of it

seventhcircle    582

that doesn't look bad. i think it is aimed at girls, like buffy was, but that not a bad thing. first i was a little biased towards her not looking like her comic counterpart (a teenage girl like wank off fantasy) but that might actually be better. totally down with calista flockhart, i loved ally mcbeal. only thing i am a little bit hmmm about is jimmy olson looking and acting like a sex god. i actually liked the depiction of the smallville version (and i see no reason why there shouldnt be a black actor that could pull this off). soundtrack seems ok too, something more badass would have been prefereed on my side though.

Demon Chas08    295

that doesn't look bad. i think it is aimed at girls, like buffy was, but that not a bad thing. first i was a little biased towards her not looking like her comic counterpart (a teenage girl like wank off fantasy) but that might actually be better. totally down with calista flockhart, i loved ally mcbeal. only thing i am a little bit hmmm about is jimmy olson looking and acting like a sex god. i actually liked the depiction of the smallville version (and i see no reason why there shouldnt be a black actor that could pull this off). soundtrack seems ok too, something more badass would have been prefereed on my side though.

Other than rob another poc character in fellow Daily Planet employee Ron Troupe of coming in the show.

JohnMcMahon    562

I...quite liked the trailer...the 'girl' speech was a little on the nose but otherwise looks pretty good. Not really my thing, far too happy and aspirational but think I'd watch it if it was on while I was channel surfing.

wolvy    57

Looked OK, except for her pretty much ripping of Clark Kents persona down the T.

Works for a newspaper? Check. Wears glasses? Check. Is a dork, but really a super hero? Check. It would have been better if they gave her a new personality and maybe her own identity.

slinker    893

the pilot on this one has already leaked. i smell a trend.

Demon Chas08    295

I'll take a good college guess as to what comes next

*Some positive buzz

*Pilot gets decent ratings but drops as time rolls on

*Ad time for it goes into either the reality shows or CSI and Cyber

*Nina Tessler takes a page from Greenblatt in dragging her feet with the rights ao a rival wont have to take the show in leading to the eventual cancellation announcement and the fall 2016 schedule.

• Upvote 1

slinker    893

i watched it. thought it was pretty cornball. it held very little appeal to me.

Demon Chas08    295

so this series is going to be the new breaking bad success wise, if your history of predictions is any indication. :wink2:

Then again CBS is no AMC

Dave    265

I thought the show was decent enough last night. My daughter enjoyed it so that is a bonus although honestly she likes just about anything we let her watch.

Demon Chas08    295

so this series is going to be the new breaking bad success wise, if your history of predictions is any indication. :wink2:

I'll take a good college guess as to what comes next

*Some positive buzz

*Pilot gets decent ratings but drops as time rolls on

*Ad time for it goes into either the reality shows or CSI and Cyber

*Nina Tessler takes a page from Greenblatt in dragging her feet with the rights ao a rival wont have to take the show in leading to the eventual cancellation announcement and the fall 2016 schedule.

God, how off I was....