Sign in to follow this  
JasonT

For fans of the popular Hellblazer tribute act in Supernatural

so i did a google search on the word queer and i am quite a bit confused. i was, before ade pointed out that it is offensive, quite sure it is political correct to use it, since i have occasionally heard it being used as self reference by some homosexuals. now i read that it is/ was used as an offensive word torwards said sexual orientation, but is in the progress of getting reclaimed by said community. a lot of associations use the word to describe themselves, as gathering clubs for homosexuals (like 'queer football fanclubs' -> that is the name of an organisation representing fanclubs of homosexual football fans). so since i am not quite sure when it is 'ok' to use i will stay abstinent from it. sorry, i never meant to be offensive on that point.

Basically queer is now apparently the homosexual version of what black people (me) call each other by n*gga.

Just to clarify a bit more, that it was also the concept of a lady's backside turning a gay man straight that tipped it into offence.

But as Jason and Speedblazer point out, certain words are best left for those who feel empowered by them.

Especially in a discussion about a known bisexualist and dog-botherer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

at best (worst?) it implied turning them bi-curious. but in the context of ass demon and causing car crashes, i thought the statement itself so ridiculous it could not be offensive. and since you pointed it out, my first reaction was to delete it.

for the most part i thought of that picture (i shouldve posted that instead):

7d658440e86d0d573f2652b29d46beaa-everyone-checks-out-scarlett-johanssons-butt.jpg

My bloody iPad struck again. Ade, if you would please give yourself an upvote in your most recent post please. I tried but just like with Red, it down voted it against my will. It's back to the laptop for this forum as my iPad adventure is a complete failure.

• Upvote 1