Pansy

Actual box office

These last few posts are pure comedic genius. I hope Tears is taking notes for the "Son Of Constantine's return" script...

These last few posts are pure comedic genius. I hope Tears is taking notes for the "Son Of Constantine's return" script...

Yeah, hilarious. You guys should get together and go on the road with that. You could replace the Insult Dog on Conan. So what ever happend to the 'fan film' of JC? Had to be a work of genius since it was made by loving fans, yes?

I love the way that even after all these months, Tears still won't accept that our dislike of the film is down to its quality rather than because it was made by Hollywood. What a tool.

i found where they're keeping the scrpit for the sequel:

picture of arse removed, it was making me sick

(no its a random google arse, it just has a passing resembelence to mine)

Any word on the sequel yet Tears ?

Nope. I told everyone here a while ago it was shelved. If the numbers were reversed - 140 mill us, 75 world wide, there would already be a sequel in prepro. Now it's wait and see how the DVd sales goes... it's tracking pretty huge for warners but who knows...

Yeah, hilarious. You guys should get together and go on the road with that. You could replace the Insult Dog on Conan. So what ever happend to the 'fan film' of JC? Had to be a work of genius since it was made by loving fans, yes?

Ooh, I don't know, perhaps they just recognised their limitations ?

Unlike all those big money people.

Kejoxen, that pic is something... so not worth. eww. I just opened this thread here at work. Thank God I was alone in the room! :-?

Well, I will put the update here. Constantine is doing very well in Japan. A japanese fan told me that the midia there are predicting the movie can make more than $ 30 million, because they have a big holiday week and the movie is at top spot a getting very good reaction. Stands now at $14.3 million there and increased last weekend. If so, it will make more than US$ 230 million WW, next week in Japan will tell.

boxofficemojo

"Celebrating the beginning of Golden Week in Japan, comparable to the business created by Memorial Day weekend in the U.S., Constantine held on to the No. 1 spot in its third weekend, grossing $2.64 million from 350 screens, up 13 percent from the prior weekend. It is now a whopping 72 percent ahead of X-Men 2, 63 percent ahead of National Treasure, and 49 percent better than Van Helsing. Its total stands at $14.3 million there, while its international total moved to $142.4 million after a $2.97 million weekend from 36 territories."

Actuals

Domestic:US$74,701,091

International:US$142,400,000

WW: US$ 217,101,091

Any word on the sequel yet Tears ?

Nope. I told everyone here a while ago it was shelved. If the numbers were reversed - 140 mill us, 75 world wide, there would already be a sequel in prepro. Now it's wait and see how the DVd sales goes... it's tracking pretty huge for warners but who knows...

In other words folks, the sequel is definitely not happening. It would needs to make back twice of the US gross for even Warner Brothers to even think about a sequel to this film and even maybe that might not persuade them and I guarantee it will not do that. It will do very well as a rental but it will fold after two weeks in retail.