JohnMcMahon

The Absolute State Of This Bullshit

I think I'll stop being impressed by how clueless these people are about the character, but it really galls me that this deep into the shit, they still don't know who he is. Remember these words! I swear they are going to make him the reincarnated Merlin for real, and not just as conjecture which we've read before. It's like Didio gets out his GI. Joes and pretends they are the crew of the Enterprise. The bridge crew all have matching scars on their cheeks! They have to let little Didio have his way or he throws tantrums which always include the newest intern right out the window.

• Upvote 1

So, I made an ill-advised joke about buying the new JLD comic special monsters cover.

But do you know, the actual cover is way better than the monster one (which reminds me of that Greg Lauren stuff but less insipid).

And there is more story value in both covers than appeared at a cursory glance through the interior.

One of my reasons for going to Thought Bubble next month is because Jeff Lemire and Matt Kindt will be there.

That's two reasons, so what.

I am going to subliminally (in the bar) suggest to them the following Multiversity Crossover for Constantine.

Input: Constanteen of the DCU -> MULTIVERSE -> Output: Hellblazer (Vertigo) + Constantine (Based on TV show)

Simple.

Feel free to implant this idea in any DC writers and artists you may encounter,

Except D.Chas. Please don't insert anything into anyone, D.Chas.

• Upvote 2

One of my reasons for going to Thought Bubble next month is because Jeff Lemire and Matt Kindt will be there.

That's two reasons, so what.

I am going to subliminally (in the bar) suggest to them the following Multiversity Crossover for Constantine.

Input: Constanteen of the DCU -> MULTIVERSE -> Output: Hellblazer (Vertigo) + Constantine (Based on TV show)

Simple.

Feel free to implant this idea in any DC writers and artists you may encounter,

Except D.Chas. Please don't insert anything into anyone, D.Chas.

This mean there'll be a Insert Jar for me, huh?

slight aside: let's stop with the name calling. i get not liking a creator or editor, but let us not debase ourselves. we're better than that. besides, we want to make a good impression for the new folks.

I love me some Milligan. He was once a very talented writer. His writing on Hellblazer hasn't killed my opinion of the man's ability. He has gone far downhill in recent years based on his output, and his Hellblazer he should be ashamed of writing, as it was so far beneath what he's capable of doing. You'll never hear me say a bad thing about Milligan as a writer because of all the good he turned out earlier in his career.

Now, that Assarello guy....Just kidding. I'm not much of a fan of Azzarello as a comic writer though. He doesn't get near the level of leeway from me that Milligan will always get.

Yeah. Who would have guessed that Milligan's run on Justice League Dark would end up the high point of New 52 Constantine? We all thought it was really bad back then...then came Justice League Dark #0 and the Constantine monthly series....

I fear DC won't ever care to fix what's gone so badly, badly wrong with Constantine either. Based on what we see, it seems that they just do not care. "Yeah, keep that Fawkes guy on the book until we have to cancel it. Whatever. It's not like it's Batman."

I love me some Milligan. He was once a very talented writer. His writing on Hellblazer hasn't killed my opinion of the man's ability. He has gone far downhill in recent years based on his output, and his Hellblazer he should be ashamed of writing, as it was so far beneath what he's capable of doing. You'll never hear me say a bad thing about Milligan as a writer because of all the good he turned out earlier in his career.

Now, that Assarello guy....Just kidding. I'm not much of a fan of Azzarello as a comic writer though. He doesn't get near the level of leeway from me that Milligan will always get.

Yeah. Who would have guessed that Milligan's run on Justice League Dark would end up the high point of New 52 Constantine? We all thought it was really bad back then...then came Justice League Dark #0 and the Constantine monthly series....

I fear DC won't ever care to fix what's gone so badly, badly wrong with Constantine either. Based on what we see, it seems that they just do not care. "Yeah, keep that Fawkes guy on the book until we have to cancel it. Whatever. It's not like it's Batman."

Bingo!

slight aside: let's stop with the name calling. i get not liking a creator or editor, but let us not debase ourselves. we're better than that. besides, we want to make a good impression for the new folks.

All of that, yes.

It's a shambles of a cover in the context of the vertigo Constantine but, to be fair I guess, it's well drawn and is probably appropriate for the spell-slinging DC52 version of the character.

if that is not quite clear from the fact, that we are in a hellblazer forum and so on... i solely talk about their runs on this specific book.

about azzarello i heard his joker thingy was nice. and to be fair they both had some decent to good issues on hb.

but look where history led us, somehow the run of delano on hb which is like a well matured wine that turned in time into a dc constantine comic that is like crackers for 50 cent. sure there is nothing wrong with some cheap crackers, but when you know they were made from an exquisite alcoholic delicatesse, you start to wonder what the effin hell happened.

Maybe this is all part of the plan (cue Joker music from TDK). They've been doing this Constantine stuff primarily for getting the name out there, keeping it circulating, and then! making fans want the real deal sooooo badly, we will jump on the show like desperate desert travelers given some water. Or I'm giving them too much credit. :laugh:

I do hope that the show is popular enough that it causes DC to reflect it more in the comics. Similar as has happened with Arrow and Flash.

But....But...if the show is, at least, partially based on the Hellblazer comic book....and the comic Constantine starts to become partially based on the TV show Constantine....isn't the franchise going to eat itself alive?

Constantine:The comic based on the TV show based on the cult comic series Hellblazer!

• Upvote 2

sometimes, when you are bored and people treat a funny book debate as if they are arguing something cerebral, name calling is all you have left at the end of the day.

it doesn't have to be right, it just has to feel good.

catharsis

decorum

I am going to put "Assarello" and "Didiot" in the word filter if you don't stop.

I've come very close to this myself.

I don't really care how it makes the person who types that nonsense look but it also reflects back on me and the few others who post here, so stop making us look like jerks.

• Upvote 1

That is the existential question we all ask ourselves from time to time, only to realize that what we perceived as hate was really indifference.

• Upvote 3