Demon Chas08

Constantine S01E04 A Feast For Friends

12 members have voted

1. 1. Your marks out of 10 for Constantine S01E04, Please....

Constantine TV Show

‏@HellblazerTV

The fourth episode of #Constantine will be a very close adaptation of Hellblazer issue #1, "The Hunger Demon."

FUCK YES!!! :boogie:

• Upvote 3

Constantine TV Show

‏@HellblazerTV

The fourth episode of #Constantine will be a very close adaptation of Hellblazer issue #1, "The Hunger Demon."

FUCK YES!!! :boogie:

1310650820313.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to the syringes with flies, and the scene in the bathtub.

• Upvote 1

Fingers crossed, since I think they might be better off trying to adapt cool ideas from over 300+ issues, since that'd give them a better sense of direction. Show us modern versions of Brenda and Kit, Gary Lester, the U.S. chapter of the Tate Club, kill off a few folks so we can get a growing chorus of friendly spirits to haunt J.C. and so on, build up a world around him that at least somewhat echoes the rich one from the comics.

Fingers crossed, since I think they might be better off trying to adapt cool ideas from over 300+ issues, since that'd give them a better sense of direction. Show us modern versions of Brendan and Kit, Gary Lester, the U.S. chapter of the Tate Club, kill off a few folks so we can get a growing chorus of friendly spirits to haunt J.C. and so on, build up a world around him that at least somewhat echoes the rich one from the comics.

Only on the condition that Clarice remains British and played by Katy Manning. Had Phyllis Diller not died two years ago, I'd be happy to have her as my pick for US Clarice

Hell, you can even have Clarice only mentioned, or in flashbacks in some special ep where they might book a cool UK guest star, and have Conjob battling it with some Yank Mages, who could then only emphasize his Britishness.

• Upvote 1

A few more pics of Gaz here:

http://www.bleedingc...ary-gaz-lester/

But he looks almost as clean as John's coat [well, compared to how disheveled I always imagined him to be in the comics]. Still, his face in one of those pics kinda strikes a "Gaz" chord deep within me, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Upvote 1

B1pQVFUCQAMtUNh.jpg

A few more pics of Gaz here:

http://www.bleedingc...ary-gaz-lester/

But he looks almost as clean as John's coat [well, compared to how disheveled I always imagined him to be in the comics]. Still, his face in one of those pics kinda strikes a "Gaz" chord deep within me, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Even the fear in eyes scream Gaz

you know what, this clean coat would be the perfect setup for the issue 51 story:

zed: you know john, your coat should look a lot more dirty considering your drinking and smoking habits.

john: oh luv, as if i did not now how to use a laundromat, i have a great story about this one visit there...

*cut issue 51

-> bam the people wanting john to be bisexual cry of joy and we get good horror and a show that has only matt ryan john constantine as a protagonist

ok the dialogue is not good, but then again i am neither english nor a writer :icon_wink:

• Upvote 1

Best one yet. There are some changes I really didn't like, but I'll hold onto those until we've all basked in the good for a while.

(and anyone familiar with the original story will be able to guess them anyhow)

• Upvote 1

Gotta admit, this is one of a horrifying episode.

The comic establishes John as a heartless bastard for what he had done to Gary, but this depiction is somewhat heart-wrenching. It's like that he has no choice to manipulate everyone who comes to him.

• Upvote 1

Best one yet. There are some changes I really didn't like, but I'll hold onto those until we've all basked in the good for a while.

(and anyone familiar with the original story will be able to guess them anyhow)

I knew. But I couldn't complain about certain absentees (Chas and Midnite) and the others but hey it beats having it misconstrued out of ignorance for the material (Yes, Keanu, I'm looking at you!)

I thought losing Midnite was a great decision, and Chas only ever had a cameo, so no loss there.

No, my main problem was how Gaz was turned into a privileged kid that Made Mistakes, Sought Redemption and made the Ultimate Sacrifice. It's too clean. Too much honour, too much consent, not enough hopeless weeping terror. He died a hero instead of a victim.

In the book, Gaz was a life-long loser. Born fucked. John then fucking him (with the help of a rich and powerful man) was a million times more horrific because of it. His betrayal was barely even a betrayal this time around.

It was all just too... just.

Still, I liked it.

edit: Gillian, the anger's a front; that's totally guilt. He cries himself to sleep on the next page!

• Upvote 1

Was surprised that Papa Midnite was missing. Still great episode. And the death of Gary Lester was way more emotional. Like John is thinking,"I know I'm a shit, forgive me Gaz."

I had more sympathy for Lester this time around than in the comic. He knew he was a loser and a fuckup but he was gonna make up for through this one final act. It actually makes John less heroic and Lester more so.

Also surprised that the ghost crew hasn't shown up to torment John for Newcastle.