A. Heathen

Constantine REVIEWS

A bit harsh, but with some truth there. In reality, Hellblazer was very far from being a very political comic in large parts of the series' existence. That said, I did really like it in those instances where HB went political, so if the TV show does this at some point, I'd be a happy chappy.

• Upvote 2

The biggest irony here is that Constantine the TV series ends up looking like a rip-off of the CW’s Supernatural

really?

The biggest irony here is that Constantine the TV series ends up looking like a rip-off of the CW’s Supernatural

really?

Bleeding Cool, like Comic Alliance (with ScreenCrush), have been railroading the show without even giving it a proper chance as much as Representation Crusaders continue to misconstrude how bisexuality works coupled by their hatred of David Goyer over DaVinci's Demons. It's Dredd all over again: condeming a new project without even paying attention

I really haven't seen "representation crusading" and have found the articles on CA and BC to be pretty much okay, and pretty much opinions of reviewers/essayist that take a critical view that is not pure bashing - some people hold HB to a higher standard [as do I, for the most part] than most other fictions, and some good TV shows lately HAVE shown that you can have an intriguing TV show adaptation, or at least an homage [Hannibal, Supernatural as a homage to Constantine and such, Person of Interest owes a lot to Batman and some classic SF books/movies], so they expect a bit more substance. I'd hardly call that railroading, and there are several STHellers here who probably share similar sentiments [James, Abhimanyu, yours truly...] and think the show is entertaining, but not-quite-up-to-snuff compared to what they feel is possible, even on network TV.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1