• 6 Charlie's Angels
    • 7 Angel Interceptor
    • 8 There must be an angel playing with my heart
    • 9 Manny
    • 10 Lucifer

Demon Chas08    295
@NBCConstantine

Ep. 13 will be an adaptation of #Hellblazer issue #4. #Constantine #Comikaze

Cheryl and Gemma at last? or something close?

Rogan    176

Is that the 'Waiting for The Man' one? Hmm, it is a cool one to adapt for the procedural nature of the show, as long as they don't take it too far into SVU/Criminal Minds icky territory.

• Upvote 1

Rogan    176

So, this is now the season finale? It might end with the foreshadowed death of Jim Corrigan, I feel?

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

B3UB7znIAAAye0Y.jpg

Daniel Cerone ‏@DanielVCerone 7m7 minutes ago

You want more #Hellblazer eps? Anyone recall Vesta? Now shooting in The Man's house. #Constantine #SaveConstantine

• Upvote 2

Demon Chas08    295

Official Story Blurb:

02/13/2015 (08:00PM – 09:00PM) (Friday) : A YOUNG GIRL’S ABDUCTION REUNITES JOHN AND JIM CORRIGAN – EMMETT SCANLAN AND MICHAEL JAMES SHAW RETURN

John (Matt Ryan) and Zed (Angélica Celaya) return to New Orleans when Detective Jim Corrigan (guest star Emmett Scanlan) asks for their help in the case of a missing girl. Papa Midnite (guest star Michael James Shaw) takes steps toward exacting his revenge on John. Meanwhile, the truth behind the Rising Darkness comes to light. Harold Perrineau also stars.

• Upvote 1

Conman33    0

It definitely had a twist ending. However I was a bit dissapointed by its ending because it would possibly the last one and I felt this ending would do better as a mid season finale then an entire season 1 finally. But it's good to see Johnny boy rocking the long ol trench.

Also anyone else notice how many times John was able to smoke in this episode? It was actuall ythe most he was able to in the entire series.

A. Heathen    1,130

I think that's the perfect ending to a series that wants to give more.

Superb episode all round.

Hardly any criticisms.

The Man story having to be woven into the ongoing arc finale did tend to dilute the power of that tale, and no doubt those who cleave to the holy text of Hellblazer will be disappointed, but I am glad the series has made its own identity (and also, who wants to see loads of stuff that we know how it ends?)

The fairground set and house for The Man were spot on.

Corrigan and Zed sitting in a tree.

Manny and Zed.

Midnite's selling out to the highest bidder (do you hear me, NBC?)

Constantine doing a Chas.

Corrigan's vengeful side.

Manny and John.

And oh, that ending was powerful.

Dave    265

If thats the last episode of the show we ever get, the cast and crew can be proud because it was excellent. I especially enjoyed the the Man's dialogue which really captured what a coonass like that sounds like. A lot of times that stuff doesn't hit just right. So good job.

I thought John's betrayal would come from where it did. I wonder what Manny's game is.

Liked John talking Corrigan over into the side of dark vengeance. Bad influence, that John.

i sure do hope we get a second season of the show.

Also, 4 Delano St made me smile

Demon Chas08    295

Coat is long

Yup and Cerone did say Matt wanted a longer coat and he got it. Seeing how great he looks in it made me wish they gave it to him sooner rather than later.

Plus it's much in line with tons of depictions of John in various trenchcoats (depending on the artist) as it is amusing to see the show go about this route sans the "there can be only one" gag Ennis and Nergal...erm... Milligan enforced

seventhcircle    582

his wallet, his phone, his car and his gun. john stripped him pretty clean ^^

oh and for manny.... called it CALLED IT :boogie:

that was an excellent episode. it was a wee to casual to be a finale of a season, or a whole series. let's hope we get more of this. a lot of the series is so promising.

Mark    332

There's really very little more one could reasonably have asked for from that episode. It didn't feel like a finale, but as it wasn't meant to be one when it was originally written, I'm glad they didn't butcher the story in order to bring things to a forced climax just because the season was shortened. An extremely solid, surprisingly accurate adaptation of 'Waiting for the Man', with a few nice touches thrown in for us fans (4 Delano Street was a cute nod), and not undermined too badly by being interspersed with a load of other stuff developing the show's own story.

That final scene between John and Manny was pretty much exactly the way I'd want to see the character represented on screen. Whatever else happens in future, we can now say that we've seen a TV show in which John Constantine asks an angel to hold his cock for him while he has a piss under a bridge and then lights a cigarette and walks off into the rain, trench coat flapping in the wind. Which is nice.

• Upvote 3

Red    467

That ending was ace. I kinda guessed that was where it was heading, but still really cool. [ Spoiler : However, I don't think Manny's actually a head honcho in Hell, but rather a more Gabriel-type. He probably still thinks he's doing good. To back this up: John's magic circle didn't hinder him in the episode with Imogen. ]

seventhcircle    582

Whatever else happens in future, we can now say that we've seen a TV show in which John Constantine asks an angel to hold his cock for him while he has a piss under a bridge and then lights a cigarette and walks off into the rain, trench coat flapping in the wind. Which is nice.

yep. that scene was as much john constantine as it gets. and if that is the end, it is a somewhat fitting one. would youu rather have john take a piss and walk out, or have him in a bar with milligan?

That ending was ace. I kinda guessed that was where it was heading, but still really cool. [ Spoiler : However, I don't think Manny's actually a head honcho in Hell, but rather a more Gabriel-type. He probably still thinks he's doing good. To back this up: John's magic circle didn't hinder him in the episode with Imogen. ]

the real question is: what does he want with john? i mean he is not THE john constantine. as in: not the guy that can walk into a little bar like 'bewitched' and make everyone there piss their pants just by lighting a cigarette. not yet. still it seems an odd thing to do, putting john amidst your end game scheme.