http://tvbythenumber...e-march/322698/

Non Est Asylum (24/10/2014)-

Overnight/Final: 4.3 Million Viewers (1.4); Live +3: 6.2 Million Viewers (2.0); Overall Total*: 7.1 Million Viewers (2.2 in Live+7 and 2.5 in Alt. Platform)

The Darkness Beneath (31/10/2014) -

Overnight: 3.06 Million Viewers (0.9); Final/Live +3: 4.8 Million Viewers (1.6); Overall: TBD

The Devil's Vinyl (07/11/2014) -

Overnight/Final: 3.13 Million Viewers (1.0); Live+3: 4.7 Million Viewers (1.6) ; Overall: 5.8 Million Viewers (1.93)

A Feast Of Friends (14/11/2014) -

Overnight/Final: 3.5 Million Viewers (0.8); Live +3: 4.9 Million Viewers (1.52); Overall Total: 5.5 Million Viewers (1.87)

Danse Vaudou (21/11/2014) -

Overnight/Final: 3.54 Million Viewers (1.1); Live+3: 5.5 Million Viewers (1.87); Overall: TBD (1.9)

Rage of Caiban (28/11/2014)

Overnight/Final: 3.3 Million Viewers (0.9); Live+3: 4.7 Million Viewers (1.47); Overall Total: TBD

Blessed Are The Damned (05/12/2014)

Overnight: 3.17 Million Viewers (0.8); Final/Live+3 4.7 Million VIewers (1.50): TBD; Overall Total: TBD

The Saints of Last Resorts Pt. 1 (12/12/2014)+

Overnight: 3.30 Million VIewers (1.0); Final/Live+3: TBD; Overall Total: TBD

The Saints of Last Resorts Pt. 2 (16/01/2015)+

Overnight: 3.08 Million VIewers (0.8); Final/Live+3: TBD; Overall Total/ L+7: 5.3 Million Viewers (1.75)

Quid Pro Quo(23/01/2015)

Overnight/Final: 3.50 Million Viewers (0.9); Live+3: 4.6 Million Viewers (1.47); Live+7: TBD

A Whole World Out There (30/012015)

Overnight/Final: 3.31 Million Viewers (0.8); Live+3: 4.5 Million Viewers (1.33); Live+7: (1.4)

Angels and Ministers of Grace (06/02/2015)

Overnight/Final: 2.94 Million Viewers (0.8); Live+3: 4.1 Million Viewers (1.2) TBD; Live+7: (1.4)

Waiting for the Man (13/02/2015; Season/Series Finale)

Overnight/Final: 3.30 Million Viewers (0.8); Live+3: TBD; Live+7: (1.4)

*Overall includes Live+7 and alternate platforms (i.e. Omniture, Hulu, and Rentrak)

+In case airdate are subject to change

Ouch.

Though I still think it's a bit early to tell, considering it aired on Halloween. But I can see how a show that had that much buzz leading up to its premiere having ratings such as these can be a serious cause for concern.

Ouch.

Though I still think it's a bit early to tell, considering it aired on Halloween. But I can see how a show that had that much buzz leading up to its premiere having ratings such as these can be a serious cause for concern.

That's my thinking, too. But of course, there be an odd doomsayer or two out in the message board frontier to scream "CANCELLED!" Plus those type (and advertisers) are quite ignorant about the growing power of the DVR. Ratings on all 4 networks (UPN/WB/CW omitted) aren't like how they used to be in the pre-Live+3/+7 (and in the UK BARB) days of ten years ago when TiVO was in its infancy and today's viewers can't be arsed with commercials anymore

http://tvbythenumber...BC RenewCancel)

Constantine dropped to a fractional rating. Even assuming it rises a couple tenths without Halloween, this is already a dead show walking. That said, NBC will likely continue airing Constantine until Hannibal can take over; how long that will take is an interesting question (Hannibal only started filming last week).

I fucking hate predictions most days.

Constantine dropped to a fractional rating. Even assuming it rises a couple tenths without Halloween, this is already a dead show walking. That said, NBC will likely continue airing Constantine until Hannibal can take over; how long that will take is an interesting question (Hannibal only started filming last week).

grimm has a 0.77 and constantine a 0.71, yet they are apart by two rating grades, just fuck logic i guess.

from the comments this gem: "It's too bad about Constantine. I really enjoyed the movie and I really like the genre. I was excited for this show then I watched the pilot and I thought the lead actor was horrible with a capital "H". Maybe if they revamp and recast something could actually be made of this show."

fuck the internet. why do i even bother to read comments.

grimm has a 0.77 and constantine a 0.71, yet they are apart by two rating grades, just fuck logic i guess.

from the comments this gem: "It's too bad about Constantine. I really enjoyed the movie and I really like the genre. I was excited for this show then I watched the pilot and I thought the lead actor was horrible with a capital "H". Maybe if they revamp and recast something could actually be made of this show."

All news articles shouldn't have a comment section. But then no one's learned anything from Yahoo! and their troll infested comment sections of old before they ditched them.

Then again, TV By The Numbers have been incorrect in some cancellations and renewals in the past. Still, I hope a 1.3 or 1.4 like the pilot in demo can suffice this week's episode to stay afloat

Dunno if they matter one zilch, but the People's Choice Awards have Constantine nominated for favorite new TV show, so...

Ooh!

TVBTN were very wrong about FOX's Broolkyn Nine-Nine last season so hopefully they'll be proven wrong again when it comes to our boy

With production schedules and time spans being what they are, one would hope that networks don't base their decisions on day-to-day ratings, but rather see things over a bit more time. Otherwise, they risk investing millions and then throwing it all away.

Well, if there's something to be said about NBC, its that they often do try to give promising-yet-struggling TV shows a more than a fair shot [Community being the prime example]. But due to their hit and-HUGE-miss record so far [the mediocre Blacklist being their only hit scripted show in the past few years], they had a lot of shakeups up top, so the new-ish bosses might be less eager to nurture "cult" shows, as they're trying to recreate the instant smash hits like, say, CBS has on a regular basis.

"It's too bad about Constantine. I really enjoyed the movie and I really like the genre. I was excited for this show then I watched the pilot and I thought the lead actor was horrible with a capital "H". Maybe if they revamp and recast something could actually be made of this show."

Jesus wept.

Most folks I have chatted with who are not familiar with the comic feel that this is just another "Grimm" or "Supernatural" clone. NBC is just the wrongest place to showcase this as they won;t let the show be all that it is truly capable of. Sure do wish it was on AMC instead.

"It's too bad about Constantine. I really enjoyed the movie and I really like the genre. I was excited for this show then I watched the pilot and I thought the lead actor was horrible with a capital "H". Maybe if they revamp and recast something could actually be made of this show."

Jesus wept.

Most folks I have chatted with who are not familiar with the comic feel that this is just another "Grimm" or "Supernatural" clone. NBC is just the wrongest place to showcase this as they won;t let the show be all that it is truly capable of. Sure do wish it was on AMC instead.

hbo. if they wouldve been able to also cast matt and then i don't know... shit so much money on delano he would come to counsel or whatever, throw in some old twilight zone/ xfiles authors and you would've the greatest show on earth, right in front of the chris webber era scramanto kings. i mean i swear... this channel man.. this channel

Jesus wept.

Or FX. Imagine two hours of Constantine and American Horror Story. The marketing power writes itself!

Jesus wept.

hbo. if they wouldve been able to also cast matt and then i don't know... shit so much money on delano he would come to counsel or whatever, throw in some old twilight zone/ xfiles authors and you would've the greatest show on earth, right in front of the chris webber era scramanto kings. i mean i swear... this channel man.. this channel

HBO not so much. They'd pass on our boy like they did Preacher

dunno. i like to remember the time they did this really awesome spawn thingy.

That was long before the current Mark Lombardi era where only adapting crap novels like The Southern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood) and the overrated ASOF&I (Game of Thrones) are acceptable where as anything like our boy, Preacher, 100 Bullets and even the Walking Dead or other comic adaptations as their original programming is beneath them.

Which is jacked up seeing as HBO is under the Time Waner corporate umbrella too

In its third week, NBC’s Constantine (1.0/3) had good news and not so good news ratingswise. The WBTV show based on the classic Hellblazer comic series was up 11% among the demo after a hard fall in its second week from an OK debut on October 24. Having said that, Constantine was once again at the bottom of the Big 4 ratings scale last night. The 1-hour show was tied with the flat result of ABC’s freshman comedyCristela (1.0/4) for last place.

Source:

http://deadline.com/2014/11/blue-bloods-ratings-soar-grimm-constantine-rise-abc-wins-night-among-demo-1201278491/

We'll see how Gaz and Mnemoth can raise them up a notch. Especially since I've posted an iconic splash page that gtnerated a see of retweets*

*Yes, I'm using my twitter more often for the first time since 2010

Yeah, I still think it's early enough for the show that they'll try some last-ditch social media/marketing push. Though, so far they haven't been too successful [i mean, stop trying to make #MucousMembrane happen, social media intern!].

The Oct. 24 Debut Increases From a 1.39 Rating in L+SD to a 2.50 in L+7 Including Alternate Platforms, Adds 2.9 million Viewers Overall

• The Oct. 24 premiere of NBC’s “Constantine” has generated growth of +80% going from its “live plus same day” rating in adults 18-49 to its “live plus seven day” results that include alternate platforms.

• The “Constantine” debut earned a 1.39 rating in L+SD adult 18-49 rating and saw that rating grow to a 2.00 in “live plus three day” results, then to a 2.12 in L+7 and a 2.50 rating in Alternate Platform L+7, according to traditional viewership figures from Nielsen Media Research and alternate-platform data from Omniture, Hulu and Rentrak.

• The growth on alternate platforms alone is 0.38 of a rating point or a +27% increase to the original 1.39 in L+SD. The alternate-platform category includes online viewing within seven days of the original telecast and Video On Demand viewing from four to seven days of the live telecast.

• In total viewers, “Constantine” added 2.9 million persons in Alternate Platform L+7 versus its L+SD audience, growing from 4.280 million in L+SD to 7.143 million in Alternate Platform L+7. The alternate-platform category alone accounted for 718,000 viewers, or a +17% increase to the L+SD audience of 4.280 million.

• On Oct. 31, the second episode of “Constantine,” facing Halloween holiday distractions, earned a 0.92 rating in “live plus same day” Nielsens and then delivered +75% growth in L+3 alone, to a 1.61. That +75% increase is up from a week-one L+3 gain of +44% (from a 1.39 to a 2.00). L+7 and alternate-platform results for the Oct. 31 episode are due next week. On Friday, Nov. 7, week three of “Constantine” earned a 0.98 in L+SD results, which is a +7% increase over the week-two L+SD rating of a 0.92.

http://tvbythenumber...atforms/325746/

The Oct. 24 Debut Increases From a 1.39 Rating in L+SD to a 2.50 in L+7 Including Alternate Platforms, Adds 2.9 million Viewers Overall

• The Oct. 24 premiere of NBC’s “Constantine” has generated growth of +80% going from its “live plus same day” rating in adults 18-49 to its “live plus seven day” results that include alternate platforms.

• The “Constantine” debut earned a 1.39 rating in L+SD adult 18-49 rating and saw that rating grow to a 2.00 in “live plus three day” results, then to a 2.12 in L+7 and a 2.50 rating in Alternate Platform L+7, according to traditional viewership figures from Nielsen Media Research and alternate-platform data from Omniture, Hulu and Rentrak.

• The growth on alternate platforms alone is 0.38 of a rating point or a +27% increase to the original 1.39 in L+SD. The alternate-platform category includes online viewing within seven days of the original telecast and Video On Demand viewing from four to seven days of the live telecast.

• In total viewers, “Constantine” added 2.9 million persons in Alternate Platform L+7 versus its L+SD audience, growing from 4.280 million in L+SD to 7.143 million in Alternate Platform L+7. The alternate-platform category alone accounted for 718,000 viewers, or a +17% increase to the L+SD audience of 4.280 million.

• On Oct. 31, the second episode of “Constantine,” facing Halloween holiday distractions, earned a 0.92 rating in “live plus same day” Nielsens and then delivered +75% growth in L+3 alone, to a 1.61. That +75% increase is up from a week-one L+3 gain of +44% (from a 1.39 to a 2.00). L+7 and alternate-platform results for the Oct. 31 episode are due next week. On Friday, Nov. 7, week three of “Constantine” earned a 0.98 in L+SD results, which is a +7% increase over the week-two L+SD rating of a 0.92.

http://tvbythenumber...atforms/325746/

I'm sorry. I'm rubbish at ratings talk. Is this a good or bad thing?