The Oct. 24 Debut Increases From a 1.39 Rating in L+SD to a 2.50 in L+7 Including Alternate Platforms, Adds 2.9 million Viewers Overall

• The Oct. 24 premiere of NBC’s “Constantine” has generated growth of +80% going from its “live plus same day” rating in adults 18-49 to its “live plus seven day” results that include alternate platforms.

• The “Constantine” debut earned a 1.39 rating in L+SD adult 18-49 rating and saw that rating grow to a 2.00 in “live plus three day” results, then to a 2.12 in L+7 and a 2.50 rating in Alternate Platform L+7, according to traditional viewership figures from Nielsen Media Research and alternate-platform data from Omniture, Hulu and Rentrak.

• The growth on alternate platforms alone is 0.38 of a rating point or a +27% increase to the original 1.39 in L+SD. The alternate-platform category includes online viewing within seven days of the original telecast and Video On Demand viewing from four to seven days of the live telecast.

• In total viewers, “Constantine” added 2.9 million persons in Alternate Platform L+7 versus its L+SD audience, growing from 4.280 million in L+SD to 7.143 million in Alternate Platform L+7. The alternate-platform category alone accounted for 718,000 viewers, or a +17% increase to the L+SD audience of 4.280 million.

• On Oct. 31, the second episode of “Constantine,” facing Halloween holiday distractions, earned a 0.92 rating in “live plus same day” Nielsens and then delivered +75% growth in L+3 alone, to a 1.61. That +75% increase is up from a week-one L+3 gain of +44% (from a 1.39 to a 2.00). L+7 and alternate-platform results for the Oct. 31 episode are due next week. On Friday, Nov. 7, week three of “Constantine” earned a 0.98 in L+SD results, which is a +7% increase over the week-two L+SD rating of a 0.92.

http://tvbythenumber...atforms/325746/

I'm sorry. I'm rubbish at ratings talk. Is this a good or bad thing?

Acually, a good thing. Especially when we're in an age where alt. platforms like Amazon, Hulu, and the rest factor in the grand ratings scheme.

Granted there's a few doomsayers who refuse to count L+3/+7 and alt since they're still stuck on last year especially when comparing the overnight/finals for our boy to that of last season's Dracula.

I looked at TVBTN's ratings entries on Dracula and the biggest difference between it and Constantine's own ratings situation is the former never had the Alt. Platform (namely via Amazon, Hulu and the like) pull let alone had the L+7 factor in the grand scheme of things compared to right now. Same could more or less be said regarding other dramas and shows from last season and the current. Hell, even Gotham gained 22Mil overall due in part of this trend (Netflix in particular)

dunno. i like to remember the time they did this really awesome spawn thingy.

That was long before the current Mark Lombardi era where only adapting crap novels like The Sothern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood) and the overrated ASOF&I (Games of Thrones) are acceptable where as anything like our boy, Preacher, 100 Bullets and even the Walking Dead or other comic adaptations as their original programming is beneath them.

Which is jacked up seeing as HBO is under the Time Waner corporate umbrella too

we heavily disagree on a song of ice and fire. regarding walking dead, i nearly died of boredom during the second season and i have no clue how the show survived this, which is why i have my doubts on amc. for fx: the only show i know from fx is archer, but seeing that at least that show has almost no constraints regarding sex and drug abuse, i guess it would be a better home. btw i could've very much lived with an animated adaption of hb, if that e.g. lowered the constraints on certain stuff.

your point on hbo seems to be true, as your evidence confirms.

• Upvote 1

Well, credit to NBC, they are giving Constantine a new push over the internet, so it seems they're standing behind the show for at least a while longer, and some of the blogs are trying to contribute as well:

http://www.hypable.com/2014/11/13/supernatural-fans-why-you-should-be-watching-constantine/

• Upvote 1

Well, credit to NBC, they are giving Constantine a new push over the internet, so it seems they're standing behind the show for at least a while longer, and some of the blogs are trying to contribute as well:

http://www.hypable.c...ng-constantine/

Especially all over Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr and the rest.

Daniel Cerone ‏@Constantine_NBC 3h3 hours ago

I've read tweets that Constantine has been canceled. As show runner, I assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. #Constantine

Rest at ease gang!

• Upvote 1

argh. ratings low point. right after the best episode (3) so far. odd much? its not good that the lead in grimm drops too.

was there anything on friday in the us?

argh. ratings low point. right after the best episode (3) so far. odd much? its not good that the lead in grimm drops too.

Anything bland from ABC? I'm still trying to process why everyone loves Shark Tank and why 20/20's still when the last time anyone gave a shit about it was when Barbara Walters left the programme.

Still, 3.44M is a good rise from 3.13M. I just hope the rise continues next week with Midnite's returm and Corrigan

Anything bland from ABC? I'm still trying to process why everyone loves Shark Tank and why 20/20's still when the last time anyone gave a shit about it was when Barbara Walters left the programme.

Still, 3.44M is a good rise from 3.13M. I just hope the rise continues next week with Midnite's returm and Corrigan

both tells me nothing :shrug:

uh ah i did not notice that the absolute numbers have risen, just that the rating (1.0 to 0.8) had dropped. so i guess this is a good thing. haven't seen the newest episode yet, so i do not know if it was making hope or not.

That rating is a demographic thing? What's the age range they give a shit about?

Given that older folks are more likely to be home on a Friday evening at 10pm while the "kids" are doing drugs and listening to hip hop.

both tells me nothing :shrug:

uh ah i did not notice that the absolute numbers have risen, just that the rating (1.0 to 0.8) had dropped. so i guess this is a good thing. haven't seen the newest episode yet, so i do not know if it was making hope or not.

It can appear unusual when the demo rating differs from the live amount of Live SD ratings

now you are just making up words :laugh:

is the live+3 rating relevant anyway? i mean, do the platforms this covers actually show commercials, or are in any other way relevant in a money generating way?

ade. i posted that somewhere on this forum, but i forgot where. top is 49 maybe?

you know i never got that about ratings, the ignore the older folks, but they are the ones that have the most money, i can not make sense of that.

That rating is a demographic thing? What's the age range they give a shit about?

Given that older folks are more likely to be home on a Friday evening at 10pm while the "kids" are doing drugs and listening to hip hop.

Yup. 18-49

now you are just making up words :laugh:

is the live+3 rating relevant anyway? i mean, do the platforms this covers actually show commercials, or are in any other way relevant in a money generating way?

ade. i posted that somewhere on this forum, but i forgot where. top is 49 maybe?

you know i never got that about ratings, the ignore the older folks, but they are the ones that have the most money, i can not make sense of that.

I kid you not that's how they refer to live ratings. I'd ask those same questions, too had Live+3/+7/ and Alt platforms existed 12 years ago

It's not looking great and, unfortunately, NBC aren't known for giving series time to build an audience - hopefully the +3/+7 figures are more positive.

Indeed!

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2014/11/15/dateline-nbc-reports-the-networks-highest-18-49-rating-in-its-hour-in-eight-months-627013/20141115nbc01/

· "Constantine" (0.8/3 in 18-49, 3.4 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m. ET) achieved a three-week high in total viewers (best since the series debut on Oct. 24 averaged 4.3 million), up week to week by +9% (3.438 million vs. 3.141 million).

· In adults 18-34 (0.5) and adults 25-54 (1.2), "Constantine" maintained 100% of the prior week's rating.

· "Constantine" will add substantial audience via time-shifting, increasing last week by +65% when L+3 time-shifted viewing was added to this next-day L+SD rating (from a 0.98 to a 1.62). Counting all L+7 time-shifting plus alternate platforms, the "Constantine" premiere on Oct. 24 grew by +80% versus these next-day L+SD results (to a 2.50 in Alternate Platform L+7 from a 1.39 in L+SD). Alternate platform growth alone accounted for 0.38 of a rating point, a +27% increase on the L+SD rating.

Last week's L+3 Results:

· "Dateline NBC" grew by +15% in 18-49 (from a 1.39 to a 1.60) and 707,000 viewers overall (7.9 million to 8.6 million) going from L+SD to L+3.

· "Grimm" increased by +68% in 18-49 (from a 1.31 to a 2.20) and 2.4 million viewers overall (4.9 million to 7.3 million).

· "Constantine" grew by +65% in 18-49 (from a 0.98 to a 1.62) and more than 1.5 million viewers overall (3.1 million vs. 4.7 million) going from L+SD to L+3.

any idea of what a quantity in the metrics is, so that we are safe for a second season?

btw: thanks chas for keeping track of the ratings :) never really thought about that stuff, but i never was jumping on the bandwagon before the first episode aired (in fact never before a first season has ended).

No offence, but it FUCKS ME OFF that such maths are involved in deciding the fate of a series that is clearly capable of growing.

I'm not talking about us comics nerds here, but people who buy downloads and DVDs and WHO DO NOT LIVE IN AMERICA.

The sooner the entertainment industry wises up to the global market, the better.

• Upvote 2

i feel ya. i get in this mood whenever i end a rewatch of firefly (which happens annually). the american entertainment industry (and partly the british) is the only one that has the potential to have a global market, they are just to dumb to make the best out of it (so much for all the cool capitalist theories of the free market :tongue: ).

No offence, but it FUCKS ME OFF that such maths are involved in deciding the fate of a series that is clearly capable of growing.

I'm not talking about us comics nerds here, but people who buy downloads and DVDs and WHO DO NOT LIVE IN AMERICA.

The sooner the entertainment industry wises up to the global market, the better.

This! The whole out of country restrictions are tedious and defeats any network's goal

any idea of what a quantity in the metrics is, so that we are safe for a second season?

btw: thanks chas for keeping track of the ratings :) never really thought about that stuff, but i never was jumping on the bandwagon before the first episode aired (in fact never before a first season has ended).

I wish. Im going ny FC and TVBTN's. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough between now and January tops.

“Constantine” (0.8/3 in 18-49, 3.5 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m. ET) achieved a three-week high in total viewers (best since the series debut on Oct. 24 averaged 4.3 million), with week-to-week growth of +10% (3.5 million vs. 3.1 million). In adults 18-34 (0.5) and adults 25-54 (1.2), “Constantine” maintained 100% of the prior week’s rating.

L+3: The previous week’s “Constantine” on Nov. 7 grew by +65% in 18-49 (from a 0.98 to a 1.62) and more than 1.5 million viewers overall (3.1 million vs. 4.7 million) going from L+SD to L+3. L+7: “Constantine” originals are increasing by an average of +68% in 18-49 rating (from a 1.15 to a 1.93) and 2.1 million viewers overall (3.7 million to 5.8 million) going from L+SD to L+7. .

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/11/18/nbc-wins-the-primetime-week-of-november-10-16-in-adults-18-49-and-total-viewers/329251/

That has to be a good sign, right?

Of course. Especially since the L+3 and 7 accumilate the number of days watched via DVRs nf the like. We need to push the overnights back to the 4M+ the premiere earned or above it at best