Sign in to follow this  
Rogan

Which issue would you like to see adapted?

So, what with the recent discovery that they'll try adapting some of the early issues for the show, are there any special favorites you'd like to see this version of Constantine take a crack at?

And I'm not talking about Dangerous Habits and other seminal arcs, but rather those issues like "The Pub Where I Was Born", "Sundays Are Different", "Hold Me", "Ashes and Honey", "The Crib" [Or even "Shoot"], that could fit into the case/ghoulie-of-the-week model that's needed half the time, so as to be able to release 22 episodes a year.

• Upvote 1

The Crib

Shoot (as you mentioned above)

A Game of Cat & Mouse

The Gift

The Smoke

With a Little Help From My Friends

Ennis's Graverobbing two-parter

Suicide Bridge (of course this means erasing Epiphany but who's really going to miss her?)

the Football issue

• Upvote 1

Nice choices, especially since the grave-robbing 2-parter would give HighlandChas something more substantial to do. That's why I'd like to see them adapt "And the Crowd Goes Wild", for example. Make us care a bit more for the people around John.

Regarding the Football issue, if you're referring to that cool Jenkins issue [#101?] is the violence during sports events that big of an issue (off the field, I mean) in the States, tho? [i'm assuming most episodes will take place in the US, alas] And if it is, would it be during a Yank-pigskin-carrying game, or baseball? Hockey?

Nice choices, especially since the grave-robbing 2-parter would give HighlandChas something more substantial to do. That's why I'd like to see them adapt "And the Crowd Goes Wild", for example. Make us care a bit more for the people around John.

Regarding the Football issue, if you're referring to that cool Jenkins issue [#101?] is the violence during sports events that big of an issue (off the field, I mean) in the States, tho? [i'm assuming most episodes will take place in the US, alas] And if it is, would it be during a Yank-pigskin-carrying game, or baseball? Hockey?

Either those three or Basketball

I don't know all the specific names but;

• I'd like to see the story where John finally gets Astra out of Hell
  • The story where John and Chas go after the guy who practices his new guns on dead bodies
  • "Family Man"
  • "Dangerous Habits" of course
  • "New Castle Calling"
  • "City of Demons" I know its more of a side story but I still wouldn't mind seeing it on the show.
  • Issue 51 for its horror. Wouldn't mind it also being expanded on. (and not just for the odd boyfriend comment)
  • The one where the world's survival depended on a football game
  • The issue where Richie becomes a god from the computer world
  • The issues where John has his three kids by that demon woman and has to save his sister in Hell
  • Issue 300 if Constantine goes on that long. But only so that we can have a second chance at a proper ending.

I don't know all the specific names but;

• I'd like to see the story where John finally gets Astra out of Hell
  • The story where John and Chas go after the guy who practices his new guns on dead bodies
  • "Family Man"
  • "Dangerous Habits" of course
  • "New Castle Calling"
  • "City of Demons" I know its more of a side story but I still wouldn't mind seeing it on the show.
  • Issue 51 for its horror. Wouldn't mind it also being expanded on. (and not just for the odd boyfriend comment)
  • The one where the world's survival depended on a football game
  • The issue where Richie becomes a god from the computer world
  • The issues where John has his three kids by that demon woman and has to save his sister in Hell
  • Issue 300 if Constantine goes on that long. But only so that we can have a second chance at a proper ending.

That would be part of Critical Mass

they should've birthday specials or something to honor the proud tradition in hb.

definetly counting to ten, its one of the best out there, can be done in one episode and should apeace the angry mob.

shoot of cause, never will be outta date.

basically everything by delano (sex n death, on the beach, family man, boys games, larger then life, sundays are hard, dead boys heart...)

sins of the father

walking the dog

newcastle calling

this story how television is evil ^^

and of cause the bigger story arcs (fear machine, dangerous habits, damnation flame, rakes at the gates)

if it comes to something like season 5 or so i would even like a loose adaption of devil's trenchcoat, because i liked the idea of the coat being soaked with evil over time and the 'misifts' that happened to the people that took on the coat. i did not care for the rest of that arc though.

and if i can also wish for something to not do: time-travel, time loops, inter dimensional traveling. i find this annoying in any show that does this and does not feature a certain doctor (ok the futurama episode with time travel was hilarious) and it certainly should not be part of a horror series, since the only thing terrifying in those stories is normally the script.

The Gift, if they can get child actors who can pull it off.

mayyybe the diggle one where he's in the high tide.

The Golden Boy Delano version.

The Gift and the Golden Boy would both be good season finales.

Edit: By The Golden Boy I guess I'm including every Delano issue from Dead Boy's Heart til the end

• Upvote 1

Id like Freezes Over, the highlight of Azzarello's run.

Also Chas's mom and that damn monkey.

• Upvote 1

Id like Freezes Over, the highlight of Azzarello's run.

Also Chas's mom and that damn monkey.

Since Cerone mentioned Ep. being Chas centered and Halford mentioned her in one interview, I think we just might get ol' Queenie and Slag. I'd be amazed if they throw in Renee as well

I want the whole shadow dog arc.

That would be ace for a 3rd or 4th series long thing once the whole map business is dealt with.

I'd expect /hope for a couple of seasons of Delano, Ennis & Jenkins over-arching storylines, with single stories both from the new creators and from the comic's archive. Then something like Shadow Dog to bring back some past supporting cast members and cameos and kill them off.

As we have (sinister angel plots) already, Fear & Loathing is probably on the table.

How about series 2 is Resurrection Crusade/Fear Machine and some of Jenkins' with Dangerous Habits overlapping (thinking realistically of TV series structures here) and some of the single issues mentioned above by others.

You could also weave the town of Doglick (shudder) into the political aspects of that.

Rake at the Gates of Hell would have to be in a series afterwards maybe leading into Critical Mass (although I fear that such extended stories might be compressed into a couple of episodes). Something that would suit Hard Time and Freezes Over and maybe even Haunted and Son of Man.

But Shadow Dog would be better served with a thread in several episodes leading to the climax.

[That's right, several episodes of Rachael Stirling as Rosacarnis.]

All of this interspersed with the human evils that we are hoping for.

And let's be clear, the Family Man arc needs no demons.

Oh and as they are clearly setting up some DCU spin-offs, one episode can lead into a sort of American Gothic (Swampy)/ Crisis intro to a series featuring Dr Fate, The Spectre, Zatanna, that lot, in which the opening scene is John walking out in disgust at the sight of Dead Man.

• Upvote 1

I want the whole shadow dog arc.

That would be ace for a 3rd or 4th series long thing once the whole map business is dealt with.

I'd expect /hope for a couple of seasons of Delano, Ennis & Jenkins over-arching storylines, with single stories both from the new creators and from the comic's archive. Then something like Shadow Dog to bring back some past supporting cast members and cameos and kill them off.

As we have (sinister angel plots) already, Fear & Loathing is probably on the table.

How about series 2 is Resurrection Crusade/Fear Machine and some of Jenkins' with Dangerous Habits overlapping (thinking realistically of TV series structures here) and some of the single issues mentioned above by others.

You could also weave the town of Doglick (shudder) into the political aspects of that.

Rake at the Gates of Hell would have to be in a series afterwards maybe leading into Critical Mass (although I fear that such extended stories might be compressed into a couple of episodes). Something that would suit Hard Time and Freezes Over and maybe even Haunted and Son of Man.

But Shadow Dog would be better served with a thread in several episodes leading to the climax.

[That's right, several episodes of Rachael Stirling as Rosacarnis.]

All of this interspersed with the human evils that we are hoping for.

And let's be clear, the Family Man arc needs no demons.

Oh and as they are clearly setting up some DCU spin-offs, one episode can lead into a sort of American Gothic (Swampy)/ Crisis intro to a series featuring Dr Fate, The Spectre, Zatanna, that lot, in which the opening scene is John walking out in disgust at the sight of Dead Man.

Love!

All in favor of Ade as Project Consultant?

Now that I thought about it some more, I'd like to see those Carey "Third Worlds" issues adapted, not necessarily as a bulidup for The Shadow Dog, I think that it can fit neatly into the Brujeria/Damnation's army arc.

• Upvote 1

Why, Ade, when your post was otherwise so full of good ideas, do you hurt me so?

Why, Ade, when your post was otherwise so full of good ideas, do you hurt me so?

i think he was provoking, to finally get this wordfilter going he talked about a week ago :icon_wink:

• Upvote 2

By way of clarification I got the racist town of Highwater mixed up with the doggy style sex of Doglick.

They obviously could not show that. Maybe like the Constantine smoking they can do it by implication, and have him walking away from the kennel ...

• Upvote 2

Maybe like the Constantine smoking they can do it by implication, and have him walking away from the kennel ...

NOT HELPING!

• Upvote 3