• 3 - Chucky
    • 4 - Chaz not Chas
    • 5 - Charlie Horse
    • 6 - Taxi Driver
    • 7 - Charles Hawtrey (Dig it?)
    • 8 - Charles Halford esq.
    • 9 - Chas Smash
    • 10 - Frank "Chas" Chandler, as I live and breathe

Supposedly this episode was going to be the 3rd episode but they decided to play it out of order. Usually that's a bad sign for a TV series.

I wasn't overwhelmed by this ep but it gave my wife a nightmare so it certainly was effective hahaha

• Upvote 4

Supposedly this episode was going to be the 3rd episode but they decided to play it out of order. Usually that's a bad sign for a TV series.

I heard it was suppose to be the second. Which would've made more sense if you take out that scene where they said Zed was in art class.

or since it was a halloween episode -.-

Not only that but the beginning with John sleeping with the woman would've made more sense for a second episode but I guess that would've caused some uproar from the bisexual community about "OH SO YOU SAY JOHN'S NOT GETTING OUT OF BED WITH MEN< BUT HE GETS OUT OF BED WITH WOMEN?!!! STRAIGHT WASHING!! CANCEL CONSTANTINE!!" or something like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

would've caused some uproar from the bisexual community.

the bisexuality thread was shut down.... so maybe we shouldn't you know...

Oh right. Sorry.

But still, if this episode were episode 2, it would've been a better way to start off the series.

I just wish the show went a bit darker tonally. Seems like every episode he's using magic to solve problems consequence free, except for the one that was based off a comic. maybe they're building up to it tho.

i dislike most about this episode, that he came to the conclusion of who was the killer by accident (or because this time the demon decided to actually get an axe). it was all so random and he never seemed to have a backupplan (i mean that mirrorthing seemed by accident too).

I just wish the show went a bit darker tonally. Seems like every episode he's using magic to solve problems consequence free, except for the one that was based off a comic. maybe they're building up to it tho.

Is that really true, though?

Episode 1: What solves the problem is Ritchie Simpson's hacking, and John figuring out how to use it.

Episode 2: While magic sort of solves the problem, it's "solved" when the witch lady is brutally murdered.

Episode 3: The solution involves the messy dismembering of the two possessed guys, and a friend of John's getting terminal cancer.

Episode 4: Gary Lester. Nuff said

Episode 5: It's not magic that solves the case, but the people forgiving themselves.

Episode 6: Once again, it's figuring out who the possessing spirit IS which is the solution, not the magic itself.

In most episodes the main ingredient in the solution is John being clever, not casting spells. And the magic is anything but consequence-free. On the contrary, the results are often messy and brutal, and the collateral damage is enormous.

• Upvote 1

i dislike most about this episode, that he came to the conclusion of who was the killer by accident (or because this time the demon decided to actually get an axe). it was all so random and he never seemed to have a backupplan (i mean that mirrorthing seemed by accident too).

He does that in the comics all the time too. Improvising and thinking on his feet is one of his strong suits.

• Upvote 1

You've got it right in both these posts Red.

People* seem quick to criticise the show for doing, or not doing something and their own criticism does withstand similar close scrutiny.

*not picking on you two guys, this is way worse on the Facebook forum.

• Upvote 1

He does that in the comics all the time too. Improvising and thinking on his feet is one of his strong suits.

that is true, but the whole chase and the risk for his life was unnecassery, i mean he had actually no need to improvise. it was pretty forseeable, that the boy would wake up and that john by that time would not know the name. i think i would have liked it better, if john had killed the boy and then would find out the name. it would add a lot to him, braking the promise to the parents, damning yet another child and feeling guilty about it for not being smart enough. it would also made a more controversial episode, as well as a more spectacular finale.

I don't think that's what Constantine does. Most of his "innocent" victims are people who willingly come to get involved.

the problem with

Astra was not originally of John's doing was it?

• Upvote 1

neither would have been the boy. he would have been pressured in a situation, where he had no other choice. which adds to the tragedy.

*and to make it perfectly clear i did neither dislike the episode, nor the conclusion. it just felt like something was missing and i try to figure out what it was.

Edited by seventhcircle

I think that would add an unnecessary tragedy.

he took a mentally ill but stable man and returned his tortured soul to him. I think that was handled with pathos remeniscent of Angie Spatchcock's brother now I come to think of it.

• Upvote 3

he took a mentally ill but stable man and returned his tortured soul to him. I think that was handled with pathos remeniscent of Angie Spatchcock's brother now I come to think of it.

It didn't dawned on my on me there ragarding Marcello.

I don't think that's what Constantine does. Most of his "innocent" victims are people who willingly come to get involved.

That's true. I remember having a conversation about that with someone, way back when that UK TV show "Hustle" premiered, regarding its similarities to what we want from Hellblazer on TV, [a charming blonde british jerk, dubious doings, etc.] and how they had a credo, "you can't con an honest man", or something to that extent, which was kinda similar to all the talk regarding the cost of magic in Books of Magic and Hellblazer.

well if nothing else, we have worked out, why i am not writing for a tv show :laugh:

If they REALLY want to make the show close to the comic series they could have John constantly say "Strueth" and also wear that blue suit that he wore in the early series.

• Upvote 1

If they REALLY want to make the show close to the comic series they could have John constantly say "Strueth" and also wear that blue suit that he wore in the early series.

Hopefully they'll start doing it in Season 2

Hopefully they'll start doing it in Season 2

season finale: john goes to the laundromaut and reminisces on

the odd boyfriend.

ratings go through the roof

after last episode, it will take the same thing they did with the girl. the guy now must be shown and it needs a pre- or post-fuck scene without ambiguity. they will take no less, that is reality, deal with it.