• 4- Twisted Sister
    • 5- Sister Act
    • 6- The Nun's Story
    • 7- Hells Are Alive With The Sound of whatever's on Zed's ipod
    • 8- Sister Assumpta from Father Ted
    • 9- Nun out of Ten
    • 10- Nun of the Above

Lou K    1,080

I rather liked this ep. Maybe my favorite yet. My wife told me I say that every week though.

Love the way it was shot and the church was gorgeous.

chamber    13

Nice cliff hanger and it was great to see another member of the Newcastle Crew.

I noticed Anne-Marie didn't mention Benjamin Cox when see listed the crew. I guess they left his character out because what happened to him isn't network TV friendly.

The actress playing Anne-Marie looked a bit too young to of introduced a 15 year old Constantine to occult circles.

I still think this show relies too much on magic artefacts rather than John's wits. Do the show writers think audiences aren't smart enough to follow John's scheming plots?

Demon Chas08    295

I noticed Anne-Marie didn't mention Benjamin Cox when see listed the crew. I guess they left his character out because what happened to him isn't network TV friendly.

The actress playing Anne-Marie looked a bit too young to of introduced a 15 year old Constantine to occult circles.

I still think this show relies too much on magic artefacts rather than John's wits. Do the show writers think audiences aren't smart enough to follow John's scheming plots?

I noticed Frank wasn't mentioned either. So we might be two short (?)

As for the whits, I'm praying once we get passed this season, they'll go directly to doing the Family Man to flex its within budget muscle

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

Overall I liked that much more than any of the others, although there were (as Ade notes) plenty of predictable moments. Still not a fan of the writing, which is mediocre.

Ann Marie looks AMAZING for a middle aged woman, doesn't she?

Honestly, I'm as annoyed about that as the bisexuals are about John's girlfriends.

Yeah. Anne-Marie must've took notes from Pauly Perrette.

EDIT: I just lost at the Sister Asumpta caption having watched Father Ted this morning.

Pooka    818

I don't know who that is, so I googled her.

There's plenty of attractive women in their forties, without needing to cast a thirty year old. But that's TV isn't it?

• Upvote 1

Speedblazer    141

I think the reason for that is because with Hellblazer, most of John's abilities were his wit and knowledge. But here in the north, views come from special effects and a lot of magic stuff. Especially in America where we are so use to Harry Potter that we expect some magic stuff. I hate that because magic stuff sells but not actual knowledge and intelligence of that magic.

There's plenty of attractive women in their forties, without needing to cast a thirty year old. But that's TV isn't it?

Well Matt Ryan is in his thirties in this show. And this is John in his earlier days and not in his forties, so it would make sense for her to be around the same age.

Red    467

Yeah, the age thing was a bit annoying, but I think the actress worked very well apart from that. The episode was quite good. Even the cliched bits worked. Also nice to see a)the way JC tried to bullshit Anne-Marie into volunteering for the handover, and b)the way she called him on his bullshit. Nice touch, that, and reminicent of the Gary/John-exchange in Feast of friends.

The cliffhanger at the end worked really well, I'm looking forward to see how they resolve it.

The parts with Zed were a bit hamfisted, I must say, but other than that this was a very good effort. Apparently, the ratings improved too, so that's nice.

• Upvote 1

Shawn    297

This series is getting to that sweet spot of a proper Hellblazer adaptation. And this episode touches on what's possible. I would give this (and hopefully it's part 2) to a person who needs an intro to John Constantine. Nice cliff hanger with a tease of what might come.

[ Spoiler : Demon blood? ]

I've notice they've been showing him smoking more and more. Are they using loopholes in the FCC policy? Or just don't care?

Hopefully, after this season, that House of Mystery or whatever gets blowed up. I'm reaching my tolerance.

Pooka    818

I think the reason for that is because with Hellblazer, most of John's abilities were his wit and knowledge. But here in the north, views come from special effects and a lot of magic stuff. Especially in America where we are so use to Harry Potter that we expect some magic stuff. I hate that because magic stuff sells but not actual knowledge and intelligence of that magic.

Well Matt Ryan is in his thirties in this show. And this is John in his earlier days and not in his forties, so it would make sense for her to be around the same age.

She's 40 in Newcastle. But it's a minor thing really. Just a bit annoying.

wolvy    58

With the news that it is likely to be canned, it depresses me greatly because I can see they are building up the Great Darkness storyline, just without Swamp Thing.

Demon Chas08    295

With the news that it is likely to be canned, it depresses me greatly because I can see they are building up the Great Darkness storyline, just without Swamp Thing.

Hopefully if NBC takes the opposite choice, we can hope for Swampy in Season 2

JohnMcMahon    586

Decent streak of episodes continues apace,

The lass playing Anne Marie may have been a little on the young side but she held her own well against John, as in the comics it's always good seeing Constantine being put in his place, or at least being confronted with the flaws in his character.

That human fruit garden was proper creepy

Constantine straight up shiving a supernatural threat and Zed kicking the shit out of her would-be abductor, lovely.

The Invunche was alright, bit Silent Hill but I'll allow it.

"Did you piss off a gypsy mate ?"

Ah come on now lads, leave off the travelling folk for like five minutes!

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

Decent streak of episodes continues apace,

The lass playing Anne Marie may have been a little on the young side but she held her own well against John, as in the comics it's always good seeing Constantine being put in his place, or at least being confronted with the flaws in his character.

That human fruit garden was proper creepy

Constantine straight up shiving a supernatural threat and Zed kicking the shit out of her would-be abductor, lovely.

The Invunche was alright, bit Silent Hill but I'll allow it.

"Did you piss off a gypsy mate ?"

Ah come on now lads, leave off the travelling folk for like five minutes!

Yeah. Keep that up and we'll have to come up with a gypsy jar for every time their brought up.

• Upvote 1

A. Heathen    1,159

I sent her a mixtape of Lila Downs, Mexican Institute of Sound and Mariachi El Bronx.

B5I4kaeIMAA4CEN.jpg

It's something in spanish (mexican?)

Here's a song. Did I put this on one of the Constantine mixes?

If not, time for a new one.

• Upvote 3

eir    7

constantine is one of the few shows i watch, i hope they don't cancel it. my only scruple is that anne marie mentioned john was 15 when she introduced him to the occult but in the photo he looks 30, but i digress everything else is on fucking point. and i agree with chamber, they do rely too much on artefacts.

Gwilym    330

Yeah, the reliance on artefacts is weird. It always feels a bit forced and extraneous to me, like the result of a focus group or network interference. I felt the same way about the closing voice-overs, too.

• Upvote 1