Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

20 Questions: Guess The Easter Egg

Oh wait, you will get "sweet musk of his balls".

That's a gas.

And you need #163

And I reckon you're on the right track now.

• Upvote 1

yep. the clock and the statue behind it are a combined reference to that story. amiright?

the clock would be the one he sold to manor and the statue is the 'mysterious stranger', whoms face we don't see (like with the statue) while he has the book of john constantines life (the book the statue holds).

The statue might just be a coincidence (and also Destiny).

you mean it is destiny that it is there, or it is depicting destiny (in which mythology then?), or is the 'mysterious stranger' destiny? and while we are at it, i either forgot, or most likely never found out who he is supposed to be. so who is he supposed to be, the fotf?

btw: your second clue (who loved him) was really neat. manor was right after gemma (why i searched the entire picture for some bag a.k.a. red sepulcre).

but seriously though, cudos to ade to spot that shit right away. the clock looks a wee different.

now please: who is the stranger in the end of #163?

You have all the info you need.

It's not being a dunce, it's not putting the evidence together.

:sherlock:

The clock shown in the picture that BD (Blackhawk Design, clue fans) posted, and I showed zoomed in when 7thcircle had guessed.

Hellblazer 163.

"Sweet Musk of His Balls!"

Where's the fun if someone spells it out?

Hm?

:balance:

Well, I didn't even remember that story, so I wouldn't have picked it up at any point anyway. I've blanked out large parts of Azzarellos run.

And the fun of having the answer to a quiz spelled out is not sitting and wondering what the answer was.

its the story were a young john sells manor together with some friends a fake magical watch. its the setup story for angels and dust, the motivation for the stuff manor did to john and angels and dust prompted the infamous thread 'sweet musk of his balls, wtf?' in another fourm (which i only know because ade dropped that once or twice regarding the whole manor & john thingy).

• Upvote 1

Lapdogs and Englishmen 2-parter, eh? But I'm unclear as to whatever it is people should guess? Didn't you already identify the clock? Or is there more to this easter egg?

its the story were a young john sells manor together with some friends a fake magical watch. its the setup story for angels and dust, the motivation for the stuff manor did to john and angels and dust prompted the infamous thread 'sweet musk of his balls, wtf?' in another fourm (which i only know because ade dropped that once or twice regarding the whole manor & john thingy).

Yeah, I remember it now. Didn't recall that comment though.

oh that was destiny from sandman. i am still bothering with the fact, that azzarello never told us who that stranger was, i had hoped you guys know. (was it maybe a cameo of azz himself?)

• Upvote 1

oh that was destiny from sandman. i am still bothering with the fact, that azzarello never told us who that stranger was, i had hoped you guys know. (was it maybe a cameo of azz himself?)

Give how disjointed his run is, I don't even think Azz himself know who the stranger was

I reckon the opposite.

Not a big fan of having all questions answered in every aspect of the series. Besides, it is like he cared enough to plant seeds other than Batman being gay .

• Upvote 1

:laugh:

i still find the idea intriguing that he wrote himself into it (at least you could interpret it that way). i read somewhere thats what tom bombadil is supposed to be in lotr.

• Upvote 1

:laugh:

i still find the idea intriguing that he wrote himself into it (at least you could interpret it that way). i read somewhere thats what tom bombadil is supposed to be in lotr.

heh :tongue: