Demon Chas08

13 only (Production Halted)

You know, I tried to watch SPN and it's like comparing one of the more comedic episodes of The X Files with Millennium.

Sure they are related, similar, in the same ball park, but the tone?

(Apart from Magical Chas, of course, that makes Constantine more like Buffy)

What kind of [over-used word]* sets up a website to predict which series will be cancelled?

Do bookmakers take bets on this?

Couldn't NBC bet against the series then use their winnings to fund season 2?

*I know the answer is the same sort of [over-used word] who posts in comments threads around the internet but has the skills to do their own website.

TVByTheNumbers is very condencending when it comes to predictions. They were sooo sure Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine would get the axe last season but here it is on Season 2 alive and kicking while their ego "Cancellation Bear" licks it wounds and get more aggressive. You even have some people like this one dude over on SuperHeroHype continuing to bring up Dracula's ratings in comparison knowing how different the two are; especially in Live+SD ratings and demos

Dracula's

10/25: 5.26M

11/01: 3.39M

11/08: 2.96M

11/15: 2.99M

11/29: 2.89M

12/06: 2.83M

01/03: 2.90M

01/10: 2.47M

01/17: 2.78M

01/24: 3.04M

Constantine's so far:

10/24: 4.3M

10/31: 3.06M

11/07: 3.13M

11/14: 3.47M

11/21: 3.55M

The 7 out of the ten airings look a hell of a lot worse compared to our boy's which has fought to climb back from the Halloween dip. Dracula never had the holiday to be excused and never got back to the 3M mark til its last episode. Another contributing factor to its fate was Jonathan Rhys Meyers' drug addiction. The network was concerned after his meltdown on the set leading to him returning to London for rehab treatment

and show reruns of constantine after hannibal and vice versa.

but yeah it was really nice to see. i read one comment somewhere that was still like: bad spn ripoff :laugh:

There's a thought. The marketing writes itself

i think one thing is important to keep in mind chas. you can bet your ass that nbc has to pay license to dc/wb fees that are no joke, its a handicap for sure.

also nice marketing gimmick would be matt appearing as a constantine cameo in dr. who. (no constantine canon ofc)

i think one thing is important to keep in mind chas. you can bet your ass that nbc has to pay license to dc/wb fees that are no joke, its a handicap for sure.

also nice marketing gimmick would be matt appearing as a constantine cameo in dr. who. (no constantine canon ofc)

I've not forgotten that. Its probably not as huge as how much CBS might wind up paying for Supergirl if it past developent stage

You know, I tried to watch SPN and it's like comparing one of the more comedic episodes of The X Files with Millennium.

Sure they are related, similar, in the same ball park, but the tone?

(Apart from Magical Chas, of course, that makes Constantine more like Buffy)

i have watched everything up to somewhere in season 8, where it got to goofy for me. the first 5 seasons are the most watchable (after that the producer that thought it all up and had a plan left). the season 5 finale would have been one brilliant ending. the series definetly has its strong points and it gets dark sometimes and you more than once feel, that someone with some love for our bloke was involved.

after the first four episodes, i would have said that millenium is pretty much x-file like, so we have that there. the eighth episode of millenium(its the incest one) was so dark, that it went over xfiles by a mile. (again: ty for bringing that series to my attention :smile2: )

*it was episode 8 not 5 -.-

Edited by seventhcircle

There's a worryingly desperate air to a lot of the tweets coming from the folks involved in the show right now.

I know, they want to continue as much as we all do

There's a worryingly desperate air to a lot of the tweets coming from the folks involved in the show right now.

I don't see that at all,

I see the same sort of promotion that happens whenever a cultish popular comic gets announced as being cancelled.

They're proud of what they've done, warts and all, and want to carry on doing it.

• Upvote 1

Hannibal is great except for the part where Hannibal himself is pretty much unstoppable and the FBI on the show are complete fuckwits.

Hopefully this Season actually ends on a decent note and not on a massive cliff hanger. Though with them building up to the Rising Darkness, it seems like it's obviously going to be the First of The Fallen or Great Darkness from Swamp Thing.

• Upvote 1

Has to end with the reveal that Constantine has apparently betrayed himself with the proper début of the Demon Constantine.

Just to ensure maximum disappointment when the programme doesn't get renewed.

I am not completely pessimistic. I feel that there's a 50-50 chance* the show could get a tentative 13-episodes second season renewal, as a show of faith and if the WB and NBC try to push reruns, projected DVD/blu-ray sales and such, so that the seed of fandom might get a chance to bloom ["seed of fandom" sounds a bit nasty, though]. Community dodged a bullet 2-3 times and NBC really ben in a perpetual slump, and with Parks and Rec gone, Community moving to Yahoo, they need something with a geeky demographic.

*scientifically measured

NBC, for its part, is still clearly behind the series, even putting the stars in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. The thirteen episode season will air as scheduled, continuing in the Friday 10pm timeslot. Sister station Syfy has even run a marathon of episodes to help promote the show.

This sounds positively surreal, can't wait to see the... Constantine/NBC float? Constantine balloon?

Somehow Constantine and Thanksgiving Day Parade just don't seem to add up.

Yeah but US Television and Excuse To Show Off Our Stars.

• Upvote 1

Now that one I never get sick of. Let's have a Constantine Christmas, DC08.

Hell yeah!!! :Chas:

Laaaaast Christmas, I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away... to Constantine.

874334-elle.jpg

• Upvote 3

Somehow Constantine and Thanksgiving Day Parade just don't seem to add up.

Yeah but US Television and Excuse To Show Off Our Stars.

Sure, but "stars" may be a bit much here.