Demon Chas08

13 only (Production Halted)

you guys see how the friggin avclub has been giving constantine episodes Cs and D-s? Meanwhile they give every episode of that lena dunham crap an A. It's totally payola. http://www.avclub.com/tv/constantine/

Or, you know, maybe they have different tastes and preferences when it comes to TV. But hey, let's go right ahead and just assume corruption.

This goes all the way to the top, man.

nixonfight.jpg

• Upvote 2

They better keep Map for the London series.

Or if they get to do overseas to film there for Season 2 if the ratings for the remaining 8 episodes are in our and NBC's favor

I don't mind the map so much, yes it's dumb but it is only used to point the way at the beginning of an episode after that you can forget about it.

Would i prefer they just had John riding the "synchronicity highway"? of course, but I sort of get why they aren't yet.

Wouldn't that be way too magical and out of John's norm?

NBC, for its part, is still clearly behind the series, even putting the stars in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. The thirteen episode season will air as scheduled, continuing in the Friday 10pm timeslot. Sister station Syfy has even run a marathon of episodes to help promote the show.

This sounds positively surreal, can't wait to see the... Constantine/NBC float? Constantine balloon?

Ok, well i just saw this. It was an interview in the crowd by loveable weather man Al Roker. Matt Ryan said our boy John was probably spending his Thanksgiving smoking and drinking Whiskey. Then they threw to Sting doing some sort of song and dance which i felt was neat and wondered if NBC knew the connection those two have.

• Upvote 3

Hmmm... This could be a chance for the show to do some nice heavy lifting regarding who TV-John really is:

"The Devil Inside," the episode that airs tonight, should be a pretty decent jumping-on point...but maybe won't further the larger narrative as much as the last couple of weeks' episodes have.

That's because tonight's episode (you can see a trailer below) was originally meant to air as the second episode of the series and so doesn't feature Zed or refer back to any events that happened after the pilot.

That said, it will tackle the larger issue of the Rising Darkness, something that some critics felt was too absent from the early episodes after a big build-up in the premiere and the advertising campaign.

• Upvote 1

NBC, for its part, is still clearly behind the series, even putting the stars in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. The thirteen episode season will air as scheduled, continuing in the Friday 10pm timeslot. Sister station Syfy has even run a marathon of episodes to help promote the show.

This sounds positively surreal, can't wait to see the... Constantine/NBC float? Constantine balloon?

Ok, well i just saw this. It was an interview in the crowd by loveable weather man Al Roker. Matt Ryan said our boy John was probably spending his Thanksgiving smoking and drinking Whiskey. Then they threw to Sting doing some sort of song and dance which i felt was neat and wondered if NBC knew the connection those two have.

Yeah I thought it was ironic that after they interviewed the cast they immediately showed Sting performing a song from one of his musicals. I actually thought it was pretty cool to be honest (plus I kinda dug the song as well).

"The Devil Inside," the episode that airs tonight, should be a pretty decent jumping-on point...but maybe won't further the larger narrative as much as the last couple of weeks' episodes have.

That's because tonight's episode (you can see a trailer below) was originally meant to air as the second episode of the series and so doesn't feature Zed or refer back to any events that happened after the pilot.

That said, it will tackle the larger issue of the Rising Darkness, something that some critics felt was too absent from the early episodes after a big build-up in the premiere and the advertising campaign.

Have we seen "Devil Inside?" Did he mean the Caliban episode? Color, no, Paint me confused. I went to INXS.

So, has anyone here following the #saveconstantine movement? I don't get it, seeing as how NBC seem to have practically greenlit a second season by halting production at 13 episodes. 13 is the average length of cable series seasons, so I don't have a problem with it as long as it is renewed. I just don't see it being cancelled with all the promo they are doing for it, unless it's being done out of desperation. Here's the thing - they put Constantine on the deadest night for TV in the whole week. No one watched TV on Fridays, at least in the US, except for old people and children, neither of whom fall into Constantine's chosen demographic. so of course it will struggle for ratings. Personal bias aside, it's by far the most entertaining show on Friday (though the Soup is pretty damn funny). No network should expect its Friday show to be watched by more than a few million viewers, and Constantine gets exactly that, it seems. Maybe I'm all wrong, but it seems logical that we will at least begin a second season of Constantine before the plug is pulled.

They probably renamed it, yeah. Caliban was obviously the 2nd episode.

Yup. Them ADR'ing Chas mentioning Zed at art class was added on during final editing before airing. Remove it, then it can be declared Ep. 2
  • Upvote 1

The #saveconstantine campaign is pretty sure the show will be canceled at its current pace. Tumblr is ablaze with Constantine Cancelation Crazies.

This link is more telling.

http://tvbythenumber...ontrary/333558/

Constantine has been canceled. NBC opted to not pick up the back 9 episode order for the rookie drama. In recent memory, every Fall premiere rookie show intended for a full season that was ended after 13 or fewer episodes (in a non WGA strike season) was canceled.

Against that reality, the PR Jedi at Warner Brothers have mounted an impressive (

) mind tricks campaign that has maintained the delusions of many of Constantine's desperate fans in their internet echo chamber.

Here's a sample of the mind tricks in the Constantine fan echo chamber:

• "It has the full support of the network!" - Like all shows still on the air, always.
  • "It's still in production!" - Canceled rookie shows typically produce their entire 13 episode orders. This season, only Selfie & Manhattan Love Story won't produce 13 episodes.
  • "The stars were in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!" - Show promotion continues until ads are no longer being sold.

This link is more telling.

http://tvbythenumber...ontrary/333558/

Constantine has been canceled. NBC opted to not pick up the back 9 episode order for the rookie drama. In recent memory, every Fall premiere rookie show intended for a full season that was ended after 13 or fewer episodes (in a non WGA strike season) was canceled.

Against that reality, the PR Jedi at Warner Brothers have mounted an impressive (

) mind tricks campaign that has maintained the delusions of many of Constantine's desperate fans in their internet echo chamber.

Here's a sample of the mind tricks in the Constantine fan echo chamber:

• "It has the full support of the network!" - Like all shows still on the air, always.
  • "It's still in production!" - Canceled rookie shows typically produce their entire 13 episode orders. This season, only Selfie & Manhattan Love Story won't produce 13 episodes.
  • "The stars were in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!" - Show promotion continues until ads are no longer being sold.

Bias bollocks. TVBTN are so hellbent on being right about a prediction to where they'll get agressive and write something like this out of exactily that. Despite the Doomsayer's war on facts, we'll find out next month. Until then its hearsay until we hear from Cerone himself and/or Deadline.

I will believe you're right because it better serves my purposes to do so.

• Upvote 1