Demon Chas08

13 only (Production Halted)

This link is more telling.

http://tvbythenumber...ontrary/333558/

Constantine has been canceled. NBC opted to not pick up the back 9 episode order for the rookie drama. In recent memory, every Fall premiere rookie show intended for a full season that was ended after 13 or fewer episodes (in a non WGA strike season) was canceled.

Against that reality, the PR Jedi at Warner Brothers have mounted an impressive (

) mind tricks campaign that has maintained the delusions of many of Constantine's desperate fans in their internet echo chamber.

Here's a sample of the mind tricks in the Constantine fan echo chamber:

• "It has the full support of the network!" - Like all shows still on the air, always.
  • "It's still in production!" - Canceled rookie shows typically produce their entire 13 episode orders. This season, only Selfie & Manhattan Love Story won't produce 13 episodes.
  • "The stars were in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!" - Show promotion continues until ads are no longer being sold.

Wait, Selfie got cancelled? huh.gif

This link is more telling.

http://tvbythenumber...ontrary/333558/

Constantine has been canceled. NBC opted to not pick up the back 9 episode order for the rookie drama. In recent memory, every Fall premiere rookie show intended for a full season that was ended after 13 or fewer episodes (in a non WGA strike season) was canceled.

Against that reality, the PR Jedi at Warner Brothers have mounted an impressive (

) mind tricks campaign that has maintained the delusions of many of Constantine's desperate fans in their internet echo chamber.

Here's a sample of the mind tricks in the Constantine fan echo chamber:

• "It has the full support of the network!" - Like all shows still on the air, always.
  • "It's still in production!" - Canceled rookie shows typically produce their entire 13 episode orders. This season, only Selfie & Manhattan Love Story won't produce 13 episodes.
  • "The stars were in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!" - Show promotion continues until ads are no longer being sold.

Wait, Selfie got cancelled? huh.gif

Yup, The remaining episodes are on Hulu, too

• Upvote 1

Bah.

It was fairly highbrow, so I guess the cancellation shouldn't come as a surprise. :mad:

I know. I was rooting for it (as well as A to Z) but alas, there's no justice in the world

As an article on Salon said, the title was "catchy but essentially ungoogleable". Which hadn't occurred to me before I read that. Marketing: the challenges never end. :smile:

Even Constantine has a title the cast can't pronounce. And if you try to google it, you get some comic book, and they're all for kids.

• Upvote 1

Even Constantine has a title the cast can't pronounce. And if you try to google it, you get some comic book, and they're all for kids.

Not really. The TV series is among the top hits.

My Google page 1 on my mobile is 15 tv show: 2 film : 1 ancient history.

On the work computer (no search history)

the latter is omitted