Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

This cup is half full.

God, I hate how they're handling Babs Kean (and moreso Montoya) over on Gotham. Its no more moronic than how the Arrow boys treat Laurel and Huntress (on top of having a crap actress in Jessica DeGrou)

This is not the negativity thread, it's the "At least it's not ..." thread

:-P

Only poining out the flaws. Still, I want my cup full and overflowing! :Astra:

Maybe it's just a temporary thing. Like John is trying something out.

I guess that tattoo on his chest is something to do with it, I don't keep up with all these threads so I've missed any discussion about that.

I'm not going to let it get to me, else I'll have to rewatch the movie to see how fings could be worser.

• Upvote 1

Supposedly they're going to explain how he doesn't die and why he's not immortal. I'm going to assume his revive ability has some limitations like beheading or being blown up.

At lest it's not Mr. Fantastic getting frustrated that his son, Alex Rieger, is listening to jazz music, over on Forever.

• Upvote 1

At least it's our John, I am pretty convinced of that.

I went out of syntax there with the whole no "not" thing, hope it's permissible.

yeah, i like how chas is played but not written. the self healing chas is a bit irksome.

Here's one:

At least we don't have Chris Hardwick doing an aftershow called "Talkstantine", "Talkblazer" or "Talking Con", where they'd have a poll to see if John's a bastard for sacrificing Gaz, and Sofia Vergara talking about Papa Midnite's latest flashy coat and going to the same salon as Angelica Celaya, while Jeff Ross does a mini-roast for Chas.

• Upvote 3

Here's one:

At least we don't have Chris Hardwicke doing an aftershow called "Talkstantine", "Talkblazer" or "Talking Con", where they'd have a poll to see if John's a bastard for sacrificing Gaz, and Sofia Vergara talking about Papa Midnite's latest flashy coat and going to the same salon as Angelica Celaya, while Jeff Ross does a mini-roast for Chas.

Fucking Hardwick!...smh

Here's one:

At least we don't have Chris Hardwick doing an aftershow called "Talkstantine", "Talkblazer" or "Talking Con", where they'd have a poll to see if John's a bastard for sacrificing Gaz, and Sofia Vergara talking about Papa Midnite's latest flashy coat and going to the same salon as Angelica Celaya, while Jeff Ross does a mini-roast for Chas.

I was actually thinking about that one time, but now I'm glad there isn't one

We'd all trade our left ball to be in Hardwick's shoes. He gets to geek out live on TV and for real with stars from tv adaptations of the comics he reads. And Breaking Bad, the greatest TV show ever. He's one of us. Yes, he's a self loathing hipster (because he makes fun of hipsters but wears skinny pants and is SUCH a hipster) but he's making a mint doing something any of us would love to do. I cut him slack for that because he has to broaden his appeal to non-geeks in order for his efforts to be worth a network's time and money. Besides, @midnight is the best show on Comedy Central BY FAR. It's very very funny and all it is is a fake gameshow consisting of comedians riffing. Who doesn't enjoy that, even though it does seem kind of pretentious.

Nah, I wouldn't trade places with him. Nor do I consider Breaking Bad to be all that great a TV show, though it was good, very often [i find even Justified superior to it, even though that is also a good but uneven show]. The [after]shows Hardwick makes are pretty much just pandering advertisements [Talking Bad was probably the best of the lot, mostly because there actually WERE things you could talk about regarding that show], where any attempt to talk about the show in a non-gushing, analytical manner is immediately thwarted.

I couldn't really get into @midnight, didn't find it funny the first few times I took a chance on it, but I'm sure it's most likely the best thing he's done on TV so far, just because his main job there ISN'T to service a corporation's property in a bland, inoffensive manner. And, of course, I think there are far funnier comedy shows on CC, though YMMV.

Yeah, I've seen his stand-up, but it doesn't do much for me. Though, I don't even enjoy a lot of Patton Oswalt's nerd-specific stand-up, but he is still in my good graces thanks to his non-nerdy bits. Most of the geeky comics that I enjoy manage to strike a nice balance between the nerdyness and some other, larger points/issues to milk for laughs [brian Posehn, Donald Glover, Oswalt, and on occasion, Stewart Lee can do some pretty geeky material...].

And so as not to be just a completely bloody negative dick here, I'll just say that I find Comedy Central's "The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail" funny at times, and THAT one has some geek/nerdy humor as well [and is being recorded in the back room of a comic book store], so if you haven't seen it, I'd recommend you check it out. You've probably seen all the performers on @midnight already, but here they do short sets of their own material.

• Upvote 1

I t

the daily show? south park?

both are good, but don't make me laugh nearly as often as @midnight. it's not hardwick that makes that show, it's the guests. they are usually the best stand-up comics in the business. Kyle Kinane, Ben Stiller, Brian Posein, Amy Schumer, Jim Gaffigan, Patton Oswalt, Al Madrigal, Kumail Nanjani, Jonah, Kristin Schaal, Greg Proops, Drew Carey, Natasha Leggero, Wanda Sykes, Aisha Tyler, Margaret Cho, Pete Holmes, Ron Funches, Jim Jeffries, Jack Black, Nikki Glaser, etc. have all been guests on @midnight. The Thursday night uncensored versions are usually the best.

that sounds promising. is it watchable on stuff, you know stuff stuff, too?

the best moments of both south park and daily show is not when they make you laugh, but when you go WTF.

i cant watch stuff on their side, because they blocked it for my region and i know of no proxy that solves that. i sure will try to watch that though, maybe they have it in store in their program in my country.