Rogan

At last, compensation for Batman Forever? (aka Suicide Squad)

Demon Chas08    295

They had me at Margot Robbie but lost me entirely at Smith, Delevingne (I don't get the hype on this one) and whoever for NuDCU Waller

Mark    332

Casting of Amanda Waller is pretty crucial for me - none of the other names cast so far give me real reason for either optimism or concern. None leap out at me as irrefutably perfect, but there are no obviously catastrophic choices either (the fact that Will Smith is a bigger star than any of the rest by several orders of magnitude does raise the worrying possibility that the whole thing will turn into a "Deadshot And His Amazing Chums" star vehicle rather than the ensemble piece it really needs to be, but in terms of pure acting ability and screen presence I don't see any reason he shouldn't be perfectly good in the role).

The fact that they're apparently looking for an Oprah Winfrey rather than, say, an Angela Bassett is encouraging.

So, Hardy's out and it's looking like Jake Gyllenhaal will be taking his place as Rick Flag. Sounds like a downgrading to me, Gyllenhaal sleepwalks through every single performance. Ostrander's Flag was always one tantrum away from a full-blown mental breakdown, flying wildly between emotions with lots and lots of yelling involved. I could see Hardy pulling that persona off, Donnie Darko not so much.

JohnMcMahon    562

I like it, for the most part anyway - the 'damaged' tattoo is maybe just a little much but I'm interested in seeing the character behind that look.

St. Apathy    140

Conceptually, tattood joker might not be a bad idea, but those all look shirty. The damaged one, most of all.

Red    467

He looks good, but that "Damaged"-tattoo is just asinine.

seventhcircle    580

i liked the fat amanda waller from the jlu. the cartoons were drawn super simple, but the women had a charisma and gravitas, that went beyond the boundaries of that little box in our living room. i think i have stated somewhere that i think those cartoons were scripted absolutely brilliant and the voice actors did a really great job, which goes especially for amanda wallers.

so it would be nice if they could come anywhere near that, but i shouldn't hope to much, i guess?

Dave    265

Who is Joel Kinneman playing again? As far as the trailer, it looks pretty good to me but i know i wont be seeing it in the theater because that is my lot in life these days.