Rogan

At last, compensation for Batman Forever? (aka Suicide Squad)

Red    467

Is Joker part of SS, or is he the villain?

Christian    734

It would seem an odd choice to make him a member of the Suicide Squad, although promotional material seems to imply that he will be a member. I thought it was a bad idea because he's too big of a name villain, has been featured in other movies from DC, and since he has never been a member in the comic books.

Maybe DC thought they needed a big name villain to draw in more fans?

A search online seems to reveal that he will not be a member of the Suicide Squad, although I'm not sure he's meant to be the actual villain either.

A. Heathen    1,125

Knowing what I know of the Suicide Squad, he'd be a good way to get the gang together.

Also nice short-hand for "Here's a bunch of villains you never heard of".

I hope they have him playing along for a bit.

And then spinning off into the Batman film.

Lou K    1,054

That's sort of how I heard/read it. While not a member of the squad or the villain he pulls the strings to make things happen from Arkham. Or something like that.

Red    467

One would think that putting an insane criminal genius in your group might seem like a bad idea.

Red    467

Also, you do know how the DC universe treats mad folk?

Stick 'em in Arkham until they inevitably escape?

St. Apathy    140

Suicide Squad did not suck. I mean, maybe it'll suck for you. Different folks and all.

It isn't perfect, but I liked it.

seventhcircle    580

yeah... but do you want to shut down rotten tomatos, because they have a bad score on it? (there is a petition out there for that, due to that. with 11k signings or something)

That petition was something very stupid, but I have a feeling that it was started as troll-bait. ?

As for the movie itself it probably won't be winning any awards, and I do wish that some of the scenes that were shown in the trailers hadn't been cut (hopefully they'll be restored or included on the DVD) but it was a very fun two-hours.

Mercury727    5

Enjoyed it, it had problems but no greater or worse than any other standard summer blockbuster.

It feels like DC are still taking baby steps with the quality of their cinematic output but it's (very slowly) getting better.