A. Heathen

The times they are a changin'

Maybe I'm uniformed on TV time slots....but why is this a good thing? Isn't a later time slot better for a show with more mature elements? Does that mean they'll tone it down? Or does this signify NBC is giving it more support?

Maybe I'm uniformed on TV time slots....but why is this a good thing? Isn't a later time slot better for a show with more mature elements? Does that mean they'll tone it down? Or does this signify NBC is giving it more support?

More support despite TVByTheNumbers' hellbent quest to be right about a flimsy prediction.

Plus it'll give our boy a fighting chance against rival shows and Dateline can cut Blue Bloods and 20/20 at the knees in the oldies viewers grab

Isn't a later time slot better for a show with more mature elements? Does that mean they'll tone it down? Or does this signify NBC is giving it more support?

thought the same thing.

In the long run, we got two scenarios to bare in mind. 1) The five weeks between 01/16 through 02/13* may see the numbers go from the 3M+ to 4.0-5.0 Million tops with the 18-49 demo being bouncing between 1.1-1.5 tops. 2) would be doing 4-4.5M w/ 1.0-1.3 tops but still manages to perform well to where it can get season 2 on lock by the time NBC makes the official decision between March and April.

Plus 8pm as a "Family Viewing hour" ceased being that the moment a circuit court judge null and voided the FCC's 1974 mandate post Born Innocent (aka the one where Linda Blair gets sodomized with a broom handle in an all girls prison).

*Ep. 13 on a Friday the 13th. Oh, the irony!

I wouldn't be too upset if it got cancelled, they did cut the full 24 episodes down to 13. So when it returns it's only going to have like 4 more episodes left and it makes me wonder if they had enough time to rewrite the scripts and push the plot forward. So far it seems kind of like they did, but I wonder what they will do with the Great Darkness, because in the comic it was Swamp Thing who pretty much talked it out of destroying the Universe. John doesn't seem like he has THAT kind of charm or compassion to do so. Though I do wonder what they will do for season two if it get's picked up? Maybe continue the Nergal story line, though John knowing the demons name in the TV series does kind of ruin that moment in the comic where he finally figured it out.

wasn't it heathen who thpought that the spectre could do swampys part?

Can't see how but with 1x13 retooled as the season finale, anything goes

Well we know that Jim Corrigan becomes The Spectre, the problem is that they really haven't done much with his character so far besides show that he has a good heart. Also, I have a feeling that they probably planned for him to become The Spectre in one of the episodes that was in the area of the hauled ones.

This feels like a positive move - if they'd given up the ghost they would've stuck it in a proper shit slot, or left it where it was - which, let's be honest, was a proper shit slot.

Just feels like there's so much potential there, in this day and age you have to give programmes time to find an audience - the +3/+7 slots suggest it'd be really unfair to take it out back and shoot it on the basis of lack luster on-the-night ratings.

but we agree that they also need to step up the writing, don't we?

And getting more comfortable in their skin in doing stories that doesn't always rely on Magic.

Usually in TV standards when the network puts a halt on the full seasons productions it means that they've lost faith in it. The only other times is if the series has already been doing reasonably well and they decide to split the full 24 episodes up.

Well yes, plenty of room for improvement but if you don't give them time...

Look, you stick something on at 9 o'clock on a Friday night, you can't be surprised that it gets shit ratings and struggles to build an audience. Why put any kind of original drama in that slot ? Just stick on any old shit repeat, it'll get in or around the same numbers.

Well yes, plenty of room for improvement but if you don't give them time...

Look, you stick something on at 9 o'clock on a Friday night, you can't be surprised that it gets shit ratings and struggles to build an audience. Why put any kind of original drama in that slot ? Just stick on any old shit repeat, it'll get in or around the same numbers.

Yup.

Had all four networks not reduced Saturdays to a repeat/Dateline/Disney wasteland, they should revamp that night for better viewership. As mentioned elsewhere, more folks are indoors on a Saturday night than a Friday when they normally go out

Was it Constantine that sparked your interest in US TV ratings Chas or is this just a crossing of traveled paths ?

Mixture of both. I was first ratings conscious with Birds of Prey the 12 years before

honestly, thursday night before the news hour seems like the best night, or sunday at the same time, which is 9:00 here in ye olde central standard time zone.

honestly, thursday night before the news hour seems like the best night, or sunday at the same time, which is 9:00 here in ye olde central standard time zone.

I've been saying for several weeks the show should take up the Thursday slot once Parenthood offically airs its final episode though this means going up against the 3rd half of ABC's Shonda-Land) (I.e. How to Get Away with Murder w/ our newly casted Amanda Waller in Viola Davis)

It would be a disaster for Constantine to go up against How to Get Away with Murder, that show pretty much killed it with the ratings it got.

It would be a disaster for Constantine to go up against How to Get Away with Murder, that show pretty much killed it with the ratings it got.

Its disterous enough with our boy going up against the likes of Tom Sellick in Blue Bloods and a ABC News show which hasn't been at all relevant since Barbara Walters buggered off.