Sign in to follow this  
JasonT

A Hellblazer miscellany

Getting back to art, I was astonished to find a drawing of John boy by the great RK Post on Deviant Art:

hell_s_garden_by_postrk-d8xnlw0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He's changed his style a bit since the '90s, hasn't he?

Concept art for an unused John Constantine in Injustice 2. Some other mystic faces of the DCU like Etrigan and Detective Chimp were also unused, and can be found on the same artist's page.  

justin-murray-ij2-john-constantine-justi

Probably for the best John wasn't included in the game, since he's not exactly a fighting-game type and the last thing we need is more of "pullin' fireballs and sigils out of me arse" Constantine but still would've been a cool fanboy moment to pit Constantine against Hellboy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

His special move could be convincing somebody else to beat up his opponent for him?

• Upvote 1

Like the Swamp Thing?

I would always get a laugh when my Injustice pals would speculate who would be in 2, and John's name got floated around a lot, and I was like, "Why? Homie can't fight."

10 minutes ago, Lou K said:

Like the Swamp Thing?

I would always get a laugh when my Injustice pals would speculate who would be in 2, and John's name got floated around a lot, and I was like, "Why? Homie can't fight."

You could make it a random thing that it pulls out somebody without you knowing who he's conned into it this game. If you're lucky you get Swampy or Etrigan, but you run the risk of winding up with somebody like Mentallo or Baron Winter who's probably even worse in a fight than John boy...

My idea was that Chas shows up in his cab and runs his opponent over, and proceeds to beat on them afterwards with a tire wrench while John dips out for a smoke, but that sounds even better.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 11:20 PM, GottaGetAGrip said:

My idea was that Chas shows up in his cab and runs his opponent over, and proceeds to beat on them afterwards with a tire wrench while John dips out for a smoke, but that sounds even better.

Or Map drives over the opponent with a tube train?

One hit kill, I'm thinking...