• 4 Charlie Drake
    • 5 Charlie Daniels
    • 6 Charlie's Angels
    • 7 Charles Hawtrey
    • 8 Tina Charles
    • 9 Ray Charles
    • 10 Charles Halford

that last scene tho.

The way it was going, it does seem they show may go one area the comics never gotten a chance to do: presening Mary-Anne Constantine beyond the flashbacks

Great. Excellent. Loved the explanation of Chas' lives. Excellent to mix it in with the Quiet Riot type tragedy. Drunken John strikes again. That guy who played Faust was excellent as always, a true menace. Chas's solution this episode was great to, i feel limw i should have seen it coming but i totally didn't.

• Upvote 1

Chas pulled a Con old Conjob could be proud of.

I'm not sure if John lied about about trying to cure Chas and is using him/manipulating him or if he was telling the truth.

Boom!

Simultaneously Hellblazerish and giving the series its own soul.

Three most excellent continuations of Constantine's fuck ups turned good.

A fine explanation of super Immortal Chas.

I like the dynamic between Renee and John. And one hopes Felix Faust will have something up his sleeve as Mark Margolis was ace.

• Upvote 1

i suppose it was their play on "all his engines"?

tbh i didn't quite get the vibe from it i got from "a feast for friends", but i was possibly not in the perfect mood (given my last exams are around the corner and i am exhausted). twas nice though. i think the faust guys did his job wonderful, renee on the other hand, she should have been a bigger bitch ^^. i think the explanation is good enough and was nicely embedded in the main story. i like how this monster of the week episode still somewhat drove forward some bigger plot elements.

but shouldn't john have been you know... more surprised this mythical spell worked? ^^

I like Zed's lipstick A LOT.

Couple of lines that made me smile (Achilles tendon & the glove puppet bit. )

I couldn't tell from the dialogue when they named the warehouse demon, was it supposed to be Calibraxis from "Royal Blood"? That certainly sounded like the name they rattled off a few times, but like I said, couldn't tell for sure (had my daughter in the recliner with me at the time, she didn't like my attention being on the TV instead of her).

Ah, good. That means that "Royal Blood" adaptation with Vice-President Biden in place of Prince Charles is still possible!

ahahahaha no seriously the mere thought is of upmost amusement to me (but kerry would be even funnier).

Ah, good. That means that "Royal Blood" adaptation with Vice-President Biden in place of Prince Charles is still possible!

And with Calibraxis shacking up inside the Zodiac Killer as well as Jack The Ripper

I liked Faust. It was strange, he seemed to be an Aleister Crowley figure, but they also name-dropped Aleister earlier in the episode. And I said a while back that I read Hellblazer as a humanist take on the Faust myth, so I'm glad to see them make that connection. The Felix thing seemed like possibly a jab at Felix Castor, but is almost certainly not one and it only jumped out because I'm re-reading those novels (P.S. they are great). And Chas won the day in the best way.

So yeah, to the surprise of not a single one of earth's humans, Cerone's "John kisses a man! Promise!" was talking about Chas. Platonic, token, and in the context of getting Chas out of the way so he can go home with a bird. Queerbaiting of the worst kind, and easily the most cringeworthy and idiotic moment of the entire debate. Whether he's consciously trolling or completely oblivious, he needs to stop digging.

And then smash himself in the face with the spade, as penance. I apologise if the topic is now anathema, but for the thread to be locked as somehow 'resolved' with those as the last official words is not a good thing.

And with Calibraxis shacking up inside the Zodiac Killer as well as Jack The Ripper

Ha ha ha, oh shit that's brilliant!

I liked Faust. It was strange, he seemed to be an Aleister Crowley figure, but they also name-dropped Aleister earlier in the episode. And I said a while back that I read Hellblazer as a humanist take on the Faust myth, so I'm glad to see them make that connection. The Felix thing seemed like possibly a jab at Felix Castor, but is almost certainly not one and it only jumped out because I'm re-reading those novels (P.S. they are great). And Chas won the day in the best way.

Felix Faust is a long standing DC character.

Gwilym, I am so glad you said that as that comment seemed like a particularly snide piece of trolling. Of course, we all knew what it would be, but to taunt people who could potentially be fans of the show seems stupid, childish and rather pathetic.

I didn't mind it. I was never expecting full on make outs anyway so I'm certainly not minding it. BUT different people feel different things so to each to their own.

This episode felt really...meh to me. I'm happy we got confirmation on Chas but the rest of the episode felt like a cheap "All His Engines" episode (which it was) with Faust added in. I liked seeing Chas interact with his family though. And the last moment of the episode was the high light of the episode for me honestly. They handled that nicely with giving John a small glimmer of satisfaction knowing that his mother's death wasn't his fault at least. I really felt like that was something HB John needed to hear.

Drunk John accidentally damning Chas to a sort-of immortality was pitch perfect I thought, liked how he took out Faust too.

Rest of the episode was fine, better than the previous effort but not exactly gripping TV all the same.