Speedblazer

Constantine might be getting a new home...as Hellblazer??

http://www.cinelinx.com/tv/item/7098-here-s-how-nbc-is-trying-to-keep-constantine-going.html

HERE'S HOW NBC IS TRYING TO KEEP CONSTANTINE GOING

b74fe9e4ece908c6b2af92a00630cf10_L.jpg

Things haven't been looking so great for NBC's Constantine, having already announced a halt to production after 13 episodes and no mention of renewal, fans are understandably concerned about the future of the show and the stories yet to be told. While it may not be a "for sure" thing, I've heard some word on how the executives are trying to keep the show going. Come inside to check it out!

Despite the low numbers, NBC's Constantine show has a very active and rabid fan base. When word about the series' production halt came about, the internet was flooded with #SaveConstantine posts and hope for the future. Sadly, things haven't been looking all that good. Recently NBC announced a wave of show renewals for their channel and the DC Comics show was nowhere to be seen. So is all hope lost for this show? Maybe not...

I've heard from a couple of sources now that NBC doesn't really want to give up onConstantine and are actively searching for ways to keep the show going. Let me preface the next thing I'm about say with this: the sources have made it clear that this is anIDEA/possible plan being bandied about. So it's not 100% and may not come to pass, but it is one of the more popular ideas being put out there right now amongst the show-heads.

Still with me? Okay. The idea here isn't so much to keep Constantine going on NBC but to move it to the Syfy Channel (where the marathon they ran of the show did very well) and rebranding it as Hellblazer. The new channel would give them a little more freedom to explore some of the darker aspects of the comic and appeal to a broader fanbase.

Like I said, this isn't a for sure thing right now, but my sources say it is something NBC is seriously considering and hoping to do. I wish I had a timetable of when we might see or hear anything more specific, but for now, there's a chance we'll be seeing a Hellblazer show on Syfy with the same cast.

-Jordan

• Upvote 1

That would be awesome, actually. But I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

• Upvote 1

sounds too good to be true. as in why the fuck didn't they just do that in the first place?

sounds too good to be true. as in why the fuck didn't they just do that in the first place?

At least we know Syfy will advertise it more compared to NBC where they stayed advertising that dumb as fuck Peter Pan Live, the ill-fated comeback of Katherine Heigl (State of Affairs), and The Blacklist

supposedly the decision will be made today.

gosh slinker just don't drop such bombs, without any infos :laugh:

on another note i found this

http://screenrant.com/constantine-moving-to-syfy-hellblazer/

yeah i know its the same info, that opened the thread. anyway, can somebodey explain to me, what procedural elements are in the context, please?

Those are the "Monster of the Week" bits. A procedural generally refers to cops shows like Law and Order or something where the story resets every week.

• Upvote 1

Matt Ryan wants to do the serial killer Family Man arc if there is a season 2

“I also love, and what could be a possibility for Season Two I think, is the Family Man arc. What I like about that is, it’s not John dealing with demons and devils, it’s him dealing with human beings and I think that’s a very interesting place for John. I think there’s actually a line in the comic where he says, ‘Demons, devils I’m fine with, but the real life, the real problems that human beings have.’”

yup i think the overwhelming majority here supports matts assessment

Oh, yes! Now we need NBC and Syfy to confirm it all and we're set

Ade's ruined this for me, his ruminations on DC renaming Constantine (the comic) to possibly tie-in with this means it's writ large in what passes for my brain as making perfect sense.

That's right, it now makes sense to me that John Constantine should be hanging out with Sharknado.

Make it so, you daft bastards.

• Upvote 1

Ah, one of the vice presidents.

I wonder how many they have?

The president is Don Howe's son, who has not commented.

His Dad is one of the most famously dour football managers, so I doubt we'll get any exciting Constantine news either way.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/syfys-dave-howe-new-strategy-755056

Ah, one of the vice presidents.

I wonder how many they have?

The president is Don Howe's son, who has not commented.

His Dad is one of the most famously dour football managers, so I doubt we'll get any exciting Constantine news either way.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/syfys-dave-howe-new-strategy-755056

One VEEP too many

Via online, I know the guy you are referring to, and the guy who asked the question on Twitter.

I suspect sleight of discussion.