metanoia

Constantine: The Hellblazer Relaunch

Umm...Irish surnames? Yeah. You're forgetting Milligan, after Ennis.

Oops. Yes. Also, Carey.

...althoooough (bear with me) Carey came after Azzarello, and I liked his run, so maybe the magic ingredient is for an Irish surname to follow an Italian one. Milligan was a victim of circumstance.

Why don't they just put editors on the title that actually know what the fuck they are doing? A good majority of these crossovers and other bullshit is essentially just the editors pushing their agenda on newbie writers.

No, most of the editors are newbies. A handful* of people in charge forcing the storylines, but that decision seems to have been regretted and undone in the near future.

*Someone will be along shortly to give HILARIOUSLY bastardised names.

Do you mean DiDirot? The man who could found the concept of the Encyclopedia, but couldn't get the entry on any comic book characters correct? Ah-ha-ha-her.

...I'm no good at this, am I?

to me it just sounds like an opportunity to trash the title after trashing the character already in the shitty DCU where nothing interesting ever happens to our John. Just silliness.

• Upvote 1

It currently sounds like any other time someone new took over Hellblazer.

Except that time the DCU nerds got their way.

In other news, wait and see.

• Upvote 1

We won't know that until July or August, when issue #2 actually ships.

The art is going to be a distinct improvement over the New 52 mess.

There were quite a few nice covers on the New 52 issues, but the insides were usually really bad artwork, not fitting with a supposed Constantine series, at all.

As far as I know, Newcastle was not part of the New 52's John back-story, so it looks like DC is at least trying to set some things right with the new book, so it doesn't immediately alienate Hellblazer fans again.

We won't know that until July or August, when issue #2 actually ships.

The art is going to be a distinct improvement over the New 52 mess.

There were quite a few nice covers on the New 52 issues, but the insides were usually really bad artwork, not fitting with a supposed Constantine series, at all.

As far as I know, Newcastle was not part of the New 52's John back-story, so it looks like DC is at least trying to set some things right with the new book, so it doesn't immediately alienate Hellblazer fans again.

Yeah. The fact that we see Gaz (?), Anne Marie, and Ben Cox in all their ghostly glory is refreshing. Im beginning to think the new jacket really is taking cue from the TV coat (save for the last scene of the season finale of course with the proper one); still not thrilled about the pant legs being hiked up unless its ment to be boots

That's not true. Certainly not from issue 18 onwards. But even with the earlier art there were very Constantinian occasions.

http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/images/stories/kXXafbm-constantine204.jpg

• Upvote 1

still not thrilled about the pant legs being hiked up unless its ment to be boots

looks like boots. although the question remains, who in their right minds of fashion wears high boots to a suit? why not go directly for sneakers and white socks...

still not thrilled about the pant legs being hiked up unless its ment to be boots

looks like boots. although the question remains, who in their right minds of fashion wears high boots to a suit? why not go directly for sneakers and white socks...

The 3rd Doctor spings to mind but that doesn't count