metanoia

Constantine: The Hellblazer Relaunch

but you know... pretty boy here didn't suit up. it really looks terrible imo, boots and suit i mean. and even though it was worn a little ergh sloppy, his whole outfit was quite well dressed and underlined his whole sexy kinda rugged flair. and yes i associated constantine with sexy.

but you know... pretty boy here didn't suit up. it really looks terrible imo, boots and suit i mean. and even though it was worn a little ergh sloppy, his whole outfit was quite well dressed and underlined his whole sexy kinda rugged flair. and yes i associated constantine with sexy.

I'll probably never get use to seeing John so prime and proper. One of the appeals I liked of John's fashion was the simple fact that...he didn't really get a shit. He just throws on a wrinkled white shirt, lazily ties his tie, slips on some black slacks, put on some scuffed up shoes, and puts on his dirty old trench coat. Then he smokes a cigarette, barely does anything with his hair, and he's out the door.

And I liked that about John Constantine; He was one of the first mages/DC heroes who didn't try to look like the big man on campus nor a show off of a superhero in spandax and a cape. He was just some regular old average joe in a trench coat with a lot of issues and konwledge of the occult/conning skills.

Yeah....while it shows that he's a bachelor, and doesn't know how to take care of his clothes, he's still dressing up. He's not being casual and putting on some pull-over shirt and a pair of jeans, like most modern males.

Plus, the original interpretation of John was as a dapper lad. See: the Alan Moore run on Swamp Thing.

I mean, you dress like Phantom Stranger or Dr. Fate, you're just going to get weird looks and catcalls of "Freak!".

But, you dress like John Constantine, you're probably still going to stand out in a crowd.

I always liked that John was portrayed as a "working class mage" too, but he also wasn't someone who was just embracing his proletarian background.

I also like how he seemed to grow more scruffy as the years wore on, like his life was really wearing him down. If Hellblazer would have continued, he probably would have been dressing as homeless chic.

• Upvote 1

well if you ask me, if you dress as you described, you are already better dressed than 60% of the male population.

I mostly dress like Sean Murphy's John from New Castle Calling (minus the suspenders)

HB245.jpg

I'm a try it out. Maybe DCs dastardly plan all along was to make the first book crappy and then cancel it so that Hellblazer fans would be back on board for the second revival

I'm a try it out. Maybe DCs dastardly plan all along was to make the first book crappy and then cancel it so that Hellblazer fans would be back on board for the second revival

those devilish geniuses.

• Upvote 1

On the one hand, hopefully this will mean something more creative done on Constantine, as the creators seem like DC is going for something different here.

On the other hand, Ray Fawkes really isn't a terrible writer, as shown by his creator owned work.

Moving back to the first hand, outside of all the stupid cross-over shite, the Constantine plots weren't that bad. If they were just written in a less straightforward manner the book could have been much more enjoyable.

On the other hand, I don't think there's anything very positive you can do with DCU John Constantine as long as he carries such a horrible back-story, so hopefully DC jettison that with the big event.

Staying on that hand, the book being called "Constantine:THE Hellblazer" keeps my trepidations. It's not simply sub-titled "Hellblazer", it's saying that John Constantine is a Hellblazer, whatever the hell that is.

I am glad that DC will continue to publish a Constantine comic book, really. Even though the New 52 version has been a horrible misfire, I really didn't want to see John Constantine totally off the stands. Hopefully, DC has learned from all the problems of the "New 52".

so...i was thinking,if constantine was a hellblazer and he learned from nick necro...he should be a hellblazer too,right?

Hellblazer:Necro

Nick Necro kickin' demon ass on the streets of new york .eventually,like a pimp,he snags two hotties,(john and zatanna) and takes them along for the ride .

okay ,on a serious note though,let conjob be the dark twisted bastard that he is! it's what makes him him and if you try to clean him up,it's no good.John is who he is because he lived a shit life,and that's what makes him ,himself.The only thing that DCU did ghood for constantine was the injustice thing and the threeway thing between him,zatanna and nick necro.though a series about their travels would be Damn good.John and Nick doin' shady stuff behind zee's back .

u know,beating people shitless in alleyways,stealin' shit,takin' shady jobs,doing way more drugs than zee is and tryna drag her into it,pickpocketing ,interrogatting people,shake downs,Nick Necro out and out being a thug and Johnny goin' along with it like it's okay.Nick hands Zatanna all the nice things while john and him do the dirty business (and do dirty things in public stalls)...and then turn around and go helpin' people like saints.

as for milligan's run,I don't like the inconsitant stories and i couldn't do the epiphany thing...you'd think having a neice would make him less of a pervert...couldn't she be thirty? it had all kinds of unfortunate implications and really,most young girl like me don;t want an old man unless he is oozing money...even if he is the hellblazer...i mean her pop had money,had juice so no reason to even look his way...i'mn just sayin'..not to mention the kiddy crush thing...yuk.and the end was anti-climatic.i also think SOMEBODY should've done mor ewith th laughing magician thing...gaimen handled it best...

This is going to be like a second Hellblazer.

And this time, we're getting the ending we've deserved! I'm looking at you Milligan!

Yes the end was ridiculously anti-

climatic

John's looking pretty hip.

@demon chas08

10958795_10155592028640088_2961921666707447301_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6f7c3c9db34ae6728a08c3627de41ca0&oe=560AED13&__gda__=1438945654_f9256429cc86d1ece3e1dc94fe32beb4

Come back, Sean Murphy leather jacket, you're forgiven!

Where did you find that scan?

Facebook

This feels like we are a cigarette paper thickness away from the Return of the Talking Coat - The Hell-Barbour !!!

CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER #3

Written by MING DOYLE and JAMES TYNION IV

Art by VANESA DEL REY

Cover by RILEY ROSSMO

1:25 Variant cover by KEVIN WADA

On sale AUGUST 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Someone is murdering ghosts, a supernatural crime so impossible to solve that John Constantine is forced to return to London and seek help from the one person he hates more than any other; a magician above reproach, a darling of London high society, and a friend to superheroes everywhere. She is Georgiana Snow…the HECKBLAZER!

CON-HB-3-57e3c.jpg

Ah, man! That's almost really good, but her right leg is just fucked.

Is that artwork finished?