slinker

Constantine Cancelled (confirmed)

slinker    893

got word from showrunner Daniel Cerone about the future of the show.

I just received confirmation from the corporate offices at NBC. I was assured that Constantine has not been canceled and our pitch meeting to discuss a potential second season remains on the books. By the way, this is a pitch meeting involving the president of Warner Bros and and the entertainment heads of NBC. Nobody at this incredibly busy time of the development season has time to waste taking pointless meetings.

Now, is it fair to say that Constantine is a long shot? Sure, that's fair to say. While we marginally improved a tough time slot for NBC, we're a very expensive show to produce. A lot of NBC's decision making will not doubt hinge on their new pilots and how they feel those new shows would fare as a companion piece to Grimm, versus a second season of Constantine.

Also the Siffy rumor has been debunked.

A. Heathen    1,129

The internet is where anyone can play at being journalists, but not have the ethical and qualitative constraints on reporting a story.

Then again certain newspapers have developed a style that allows them to publish lies and rumours as fact and then detract.

Web sites aim for the clicks that an unconfirmed "story" can generate, I suppose.

And there's a large significant subset of nerds who MUST know stuff about films and TV before they get to watch it.

My small contribution to this scenario is not to click on those sort of links.

The comicvine site says our intrepid "reporter" (gossipmonger) is retracting her "I have researched this story".

• Upvote 2

seventhcircle    582

... not have the ethical and qualitative constraints on reporting a story.

.... certain newspapers ... lies and rumours as fact and then detract.

it will be hard to actually find a newspaper that isn't partially guilty of this. over here every newspaper i know has their articles that from time to time defy all journalistic ethics and integrity.

i can't take buzzfeed serious, it's mostly clickbait.

[sarcasm intensifies]

somehow i wonder though, it's the only business-model that allows me to more or less feed a person with a click, a facebook-like or a retweet. the person in question being the buzzfeed blogger, who i assume has no other quality then being able to write in coherent english sentences, otherwise the person quite likely wouldn't write for buzzfeed. so is it morally right to not support the model, to not spread bullshit, or to click and spread the buzz to feed the blogger.

Demon Chas08    295

The internet is where anyone can play at being journalists, but not have the ethical and qualitative constraints on reporting a story.

Then again certain newspapers have developed a style that allows them to publish lies and rumours as fact and then detract.

Web sites aim for the clicks that an unconfirmed "story" can generate, I suppose.

And there's a large significant subset of nerds who MUST know stuff about films and TV before they get to watch it.

My small contribution to this scenario is not to click on those sort of links.

The comicvine site says our intrepid "reporter" (gossipmonger) is retracting her "I have researched this story".

After I called her out on Twitter saying she didn't have the facts and her opinion was just that; she tried to say "Its the opinion of NBC. Reflect the energy at them". Nope. I know who I was reflecting at and surprise, surprise she retracted.

• Upvote 4

slinker    893

As an inflamed reactionary, I click on everything. I have adblocker.

• Upvote 2

A. Heathen    1,129

Daniel Cerone says it went well.

NBC executives now have to weigh up the benefits of allowing a show to develop or commissioning another programme where working class people behave like dicks.

• Upvote 2

Demon Chas08    295

Daniel Cerone says it went well.

NBC executives now have to weigh up the benefits of allowing a show to develop or commissioning another programme where working class people behave like dicks.

Like we've been running out of those; badge or not... Smh

A. Heathen    1,129

This sounds pretty close to final confirmation that they're done...

Daniel Cerone @DanielVCerone

Still alive. Our best hope: midseason replacement. Utility player for NBC if new show struggles.

You'd expect a series to be made if it's going to replace a struggling show.

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

This sounds pretty close to final confirmation that they're done...

Daniel Cerone @DanielVCerone

Still alive. Our best hope: midseason replacement. Utility player for NBC if new show struggles.

He did say he'll be informed 2-3 days before the 15-16 schedule's inveiled Monday too

wolvy    57

I think it was canceled ages ago, NBC just didn't want to lose any of that advertiser money. And now that it's done, they're just trolling the guy by constantly giving him all these "2nd chances". Because you know that if they REALLY wanted it to return, they would have just renewed it right away. Rather than pull all this crap.

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

I think it was canceled ages ago, NBC just didn't want to lose any of that advertiser money. And now that it's done, they're just trolling the guy by constantly giving him all these "2nd chances". Because you know that if they REALLY wanted it to return, they would have just renewed it right away. Rather than pull all this crap.

We'll find out Monday. We'd be lucky if its commissioned for midseason return and filming commences again later this summer and slotted for a Season Premiere in January-February tops