slinker

Constantine Cancelled (confirmed)

NO FUCKING CW!!! I dont want Berlanti tainting it with his New 52 leanings

actually,much as I wanna trash nu52 i still would pay to see nick necro having his way with john while zatanna watches...waste of perfectly good fan (dis) service .not in this life time though

actually,much as I wanna trash nu52 i still would pay to see nick necro having his way with john while zatanna watches...waste of perfectly good fan (dis) service .not in this life time though

Oh, hell that's even worse and that's still New 52 slope

Oh, hell that's even worse and that's still New 52 slope

c'mon gais :biggrin: ,i am NOT the only person thinking that (whoever came with the idea was so thinking this...or 2 dudes sandwiching zatanna ...that works too.)...but if that's not ur thang ,to each their own

Come on CW, by all accounts you owe John one for sort-of sticking him in Supernatural.

Better yet just kill off Supernatural already.

yes supernatural should have ended with season five...that's when i stopped watchung.in fact,i heard it was intended to end with season five

Come on CW, by all accounts you owe John one for sort-of sticking him in Supernatural.

yes supernatural should have ended with season five...that's when i stopped watchung.in fact,i heard it was intended to end with season five

It only retained any interesting story during season 6 with Castiel pulling a John Constantine type lie behind everyone's back, but after that, the series got stale with the only thing keeping it going being the pretty boys and destiel.

It only retained any interesting story during season 6 with Castiel pulling a John Constantine type lie behind everyone's back, but after that, the series got stale with the only thing keeping it going being the pretty boys and destiel.

and Crowley.

Even having Buckner involed in production is liable to kill it stone dead with his shit writing and other crimes (see True Blood)

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping BBC America picks it up.

that could work..i personally think bbc should;ve done it anyway,being human worked as a more down to earth type like hellblazer (except really weird trippy moments,you guys know what i'm talking about)

AMC brought a 50% share of BBC America earlier this year and let it be known they are looking to create more original content after the success of Orphan Black. With a British lead and genre following that would fit in alongside it's current show line up, I think Constantine would be a good fit.

• Upvote 2

AMC brought a 50% share of BBC America earlier this year and let it be known they are looking to create more original content after the success of Orphan Black. With a British lead and genre following that would fit in alongside it's current show line up, I think Constantine would be a good fit.

YES. AMC is known for having good stuff...alas ,there is hope.But if Constantine were to hit AMC,they'd have to make it as gritty as we'd expect from something based off Hellblazer. Oh yea,that was the reason it annoyed me at first!

I mean,you know how some shows got a dirty realistic feel (breaking bad,better call saul,some moments of supernatural,the walking dead).I was thinking on it and that was kinda it.Hellblazer has been known for that feel and for mundane situations to get really fucking weird.And that is what that damn Constantine comic lacked too.Glad that's getting relaunched.But still...I wonder what made DC suddenly wanna grab ol' Conjob and throw him at the spotlight?

• Upvote 1

YES. AMC is known for having good stuff...alas ,there is hope.But if Constantine were to hit AMC,they'd have to make it as gritty as we'd expect from something based off Hellblazer. Oh yea,that was the reason it annoyed me at first!

I mean,you know how some shows got a dirty realistic feel (breaking bad,better call saul,some moments of supernatural,the walking dead).I was thinking on it and that was kinda it.Hellblazer has been known for that feel and for mundane situations to get really fucking weird.And that is what that damn Constantine comic lacked too.Glad that's getting relaunched.But still...I wonder what made DC suddenly wanna grab ol' Conjob and throw him at the spotlight?

• Upvote 1

I think they would feel icky when they found out how much anti-government Hellblazer is with Britain.

Or would they. Hell, they got away with showing Torchwood making UNIT into a Bush-Blair military analogue come punching bag, they can get away with the show getting political in some respects like the comic. I can easily see #3 being adapted most faithfully
  • Upvote 1

I think they would feel icky when they found out how much anti-government Hellblazer is with Britain.

Or would they. Hell, they got away with showing Torchwood making UNIT into a Bush-Blair military analogue come punching bag, they can get away with the show getting political in some respects like the comic. I can easily see #3 being adapted most faithfully

agreed

AMC has another vertigo adaptation coming up ( preacher ) , constantine would be a great fit down there in that case. i remember they'd show the movie on that channel too.

also, my reaction to NBC (fitting now that we're mentioning AMC ) :

AMC would be the perfect unofficial vertigo network.

• Upvote 1