Sign in to follow this  
BobafrigginFeet

So, how much cringe can you get from this comment section?

Some guy began complaining how John is evil for "worshipping Satan."

2 people whined about him being "gay". Said already ruined character and show for them.

Random Marvel fan claimed Constantine is a Dr. Strange rip-off.

GUYS. PLEASE.

Yeah comment sections usually display the absolute worst in society. We're better off without reading them.

• Upvote 1

lol

I check out the comments for a good laugh.So don't take it seriously.So apparantly ,Constantine is hated for being a gay satanist...yeah that about sums it up.Funny thing is I know people in real life who makes these kinda comments...it's frankly,quite depressing

Oh god, here comes the "I DONT LIKE GAY SHIT BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS THIS AND THAT" -_-

And those same people go engae in adultry,wanton lust,drink like sailors,all kinds of monetary greed,treachery...yeah I just love how people take the bible in their own damn context whenever they want

• Upvote 1

Yep, suddenly homosexuality has been held up as the worst possible sin by the Christian Right, even though it's very little discussed, at all, in the Bible. That's what I find frankly so mind-boggling. That somehow homosexuality has become a far worse sin than any other sin in these people's minds.

"Sure, people lie all the time, and that's one of the Ten Commandments and all...but, you know, that's just human nature. It happens. Now the same sex sleeping together! That's going to be the end of all human civilization right there! Sure, it's not even one of those Ten Commandments, but it's worse than all those ten combined!". Just idiotic.

Meanwhile, avarice, which is spoken against in the Bible at much greater length than homosexuality, is being held up as a positive!

• Upvote 1

just for clarification, the rules to live by as a christian are specified in the sermon on the mount, the ten commandments are only secondary (and basically redundant). also i think pauls letters have homophobic passages (i am to lazy to look this up right now). basically the whole enforcement of religious beliefs onto others is pretty weak, considering how the bible tells in specific detail how god is pretty capable and willing to punish those he deems worth punishing (sodom and ghomorra, the great flood, the whole stuff around the exodus from egypt...). basically those people are assholes and if they wouldn't have religion as an excuse to go against homosexuals, it would be another thing. i mean when chancelor merkel was asked back in '12 (i think) why she didn't support gay marriage, she said something along the lines of 'she doesn't feel good with it'... so there is that.

Yes, you are absolutely right. That's sort of the point. That these people on the Christian Right have mixed together culture and politics with their religion.

It depends on your religious denomination as to whether you believe the Ten Commandments or the Sermon on the Mount is the basic ways to live one's life as a Christian.

The Christian Right argues that the Sermon on the Mount was just a hypothetical and not meant as an actual message as to how people should live their lives on a day-to-day-basis. They claim that the Ten Commandments are God's Law. I find this a really lazy and convenient excuse to not have to try to better oneself. Considering that these people call themselves "Christians", which means "followers of the Christ", and that Jesus Christ spoke the Sermon the Mount, as a Christian, I know which I believe.

Other Christian faiths, the ones I am sympathetic to, including those such a Christian Gnosticism, claim that the Sermon on the Mount was God's message to mankind from Jesus Christ which overturned the Ten Commandments.

So, there is controversy about this within Christianity....what isn't there, right? Since we're speaking specifically of the Christian Right, I am addressing them on their own belief system, rather than what I believe to be true.

Jesus, himself, said to "love others as you love yourself", this includes all people. After all, according to Christianity, we are all sinners. Nowhere does it say, "God will punish this sin 10 times! This sin he will only punish 3 times! This sin is far worse than that sin! If you must sin, do this one, not that one!". It says we are all sinners, so if homosexuality is a sin (obviously, I do not believe that, as it hurts no one else!), then it's the same as any sin we are all guilty of. It's not the most grevious sin that we must do everything in our power to stop! That is culture and politics speaking, not religion.

Jesus would never preach that we should try to force changes on society to achieve our aims. Jesus said that a living a good life as an example was the message to send to society. IF Jesus had considered homosexuality wrong, and nothing says that he would (in fact, some people interpret certain passages that Jesus actually slept with other males! Imagine if that were true!), then he would never say that "gays should be persecuted to force them to stop!". He would counsel to live and let live. That people change when they are ready, and can't be forced to changed, if they are sinful.

Yeah, there's one homophobic reference in the New Testament from Paul. The others are in the Old Testament, and I believe there are only three other references, but one is very ambiguous as to whether it's even addressing homosexuality or might be about some other matter.

• Upvote 2

Is Gaytanist a term they ever use, because it should be

I mean it's cheap and tacky, but really it's not far beneath the level of most of the awfulness these people try to pass off as a moral code

SCIENCE TIME: About 227 results (0.40 seconds) for 'gaytanist'

Actually that result kind of hits the sweet spot; it's not enough to make me weep at the sheer overwhelming horror of humanity's existence but it's also not so few that I feel like an asshole for thinking of it

Overall, I consider this a win

• Upvote 2

Anton LaVey never much liked homosexuals when he was head of the Church of Satan. He had a lot of time for paedophiles, but not gay persons.

well shit,we must all be on our way to a firey pit in gasoline drawz!

well in that case,lemme bust out my black candles ,and tarot cards and drink wine mixed with lambs blood too death metal before having lesbian orgy

Leviticus sounds like an asshole.

Is Gaytanist a term they ever use, because it should be

HA! I love you man, in a so not gay way