Sign in to follow this  
andy

I Have A Copy Of The Preacher Pilot Script

Hey I haven't posted here in a while but I recently came in possession of a script for the Preacher pilot. It's currently being filmed in Albuquerque, NM and through my job I come into contact with some of the actors. I don't want to get myself or anyone in trouble so I'll leave it there.

Anyway I don't want this to become a big deal so I came here because:

a) Only like 10 people actually come to this site.

b) The people who do post here are actual comic book fans.

c) The people here aren't afraid to get on their high horse and berate me if they think I'm doing something dodgy.

I'll answer any questions about the script or I'll fuck off if that's the general consensus but I will say that based on the script alone fans who wanted a straight retelling of the comic will be disappointed.

I'm not going to get into a flame war or PM a bunch of people so let me know what you want.

• Upvote 2

It differs widely from the comic. Honestly I was never a huge Preacher fan and it's been at least a decade since I looked at a Preacher comic but I remember the first dozen issues pretty well.

The script opens with a mysterious force flying through space and trying to inhabit a Preacer in Nairobi who then explodes. This force spends the whole episode trying to inhabit various religious figures (there's a joke about Tom Cruise exploding at a Scientology meeting) while being hunted by two characters named DeBlanc and Fiore. Jesse doesn't get inhabited until towards the end of the episode and his first use of "The Word Of God" is to tell one of his congregation to "tell the truth and open his heart" to his mother. Of course there's then a scene where the guy rips out his own heart in front of his mother.

Both Cassidy and Tulip are introduced with people trying to kill them. Cassidy on a plane by Vampire hunters and Tulip by cartel gangsters in Kansas. There are scenes all over the world but most of the action is set in Annville, Texas.

This is the End was funny as hell.

and ananas express... as long as you are able to light a doobie while watching his stuff, rogen is golden.