it's already out in the torrents. it's dull. sorry.

[ Spoiler : john mostly is just flashback fodder and his realtime appearance is ridiculous. he fights with a sword. ]

[ Spoiler : john mostly is just flashback fodder and his realtime appearance is ridiculous. he fights with a sword. ]

Yeeeah that WAS pretty out of character but I still enjoyed it for what its worth

• Upvote 1

Ugh!! I knew it!!!. This is why the likes of the Arrow camp can't be trusted with our John

• Upvote 1

It's being a kid and one of your relatives dies and people who should know better keep saying shit like "gramma's in a better place. she's in heaven now." Bullshit, gramma's in a a hole in the ground, if that's a better plave, then gramma's life musta sucked. Does anyone get what I'm saying?

Wouldn't a better example be when a relative dies and people who should know better keep saying "well...at least grandma ain't no virgin before she died, huh?! Huh?!"

holy fuck mate

Quite the funeral that would be, huh?

Indeed.gif

alternatively and appropriatly distasteful:

d949430174276d5c4d32d8a99c9d08d8.gif

I blame Hellblazer for our strange sense of humor

WHY

But in all honest,our John is in fact a DCU character of origin.Showed up in the swamp thing back in the day,so yeah.What is not cool is the way they handle it.Injustice constantine was perfect ,period.

for the most part he'd hang out with the creep types like deadman man,xanadu,he did meet shade the changing man in helblazer and he banged zatanna,and the nightmare nurse,and xanadu.plus in smallville he knew raven,etc.it's not so much john shouldn't be in dcu...just that'd he's likely to show up when he needs something or when the others get desperate...REAL desperate.

case in point the beginning oof justice league dark,superman and cyborg and wonderwoamn were up against powerful magic and were getting curb stomped.cuye the jld to show up.

i can easily see a situation when a cape is getting trounced by a demon or somethin',john shows up works his magic and now you're in debt to him.and because you're a hero,you'll help.and if you don't,you can bet he's got a shotgun with kryptonite in it somewhere,not to mention he'll 'borrow' wonder woman's golden lasso,and probably pickpocket catwoman because he can.the creep followed that chick from gemworld so he could pick up the damn summon stone.

nope, just because you were born some place doesnt mean you're a resident. you might've got the fuck out quick as you can and never looked back, as i imagine our john to have done.

nope, just because you were born some place doesnt mean you're a resident. you might've got the fuck out quick as you can and never looked back, as i imagine our john to have done.

This, goddamn it!

• Upvote 1

This, goddamn it!

okay,so you got a point...just...ugh! if there are good writers almost anything can work.

no good writers at dc,or in comics anymore...

• Upvote 1

So did anyone watch this? Supposedly the ratings were actually up last night. But being as i haven't ever watched a full episode of this show, am i going to be wandering blind in an alley if i hunt this down online?

I quite enjoy Arrow but I watch it in season long chunks so won't see this for another few months - sounds like John managed to give them a healthy ratings bump, give him a pilot guys - one with no sword play (what ?).

I quite enjoy Arrow but I watch it in season long chunks so won't see this for another few months - sounds like John managed to give them a healthy ratings bump, give him a pilot guys - one with no sword play (what ?).

Or just revive the show and let Cerone return to steer the ship . I still don't trust Berlanti and Guggenheim

watched the ep and skipped to all the parts with john.

meh. they didn't give matt ryan anything mindblowing , but he did good with what he had , they left the possibility of a return from john open, and the peacock joke was pretty good.

i kinda figured they'd have him smoke even less frequently than in constantine for some reason.

I remember the first time (and only?) he tried to use a sword in Hellblazer against some demons, it didn't go too well for him...

He did kill minor demons with a knife.

I remember the first time (and only?) he tried to use a sword in Hellblazer against some demons, it didn't go too well for him...

. did kill minor demons with a knife.

The Praexis.

Three months later...

they didn't give matt ryan anything mindblowing , but he did good with what he had , they left the possibility of a return from john open, and the peacock joke was pretty good.

Pretty much sums it up, plenty of room left for John to wander back and apart from him being a bit too handy with his fists (and sword) it was a decent guest appearance.

Another name-check for John in this week's Arrow, so guess he's out of hell at least!

edit to add : Quite a few mentions for our boy actually.