Christian    744

I'm not sure that Constantine will "live on for many more years" now. This new series better be really damn good, because if it flops like the New 52 version, I don't think we'll see John Constantine for years.

Demon Chas08    295

I'm not sure that Constantine will "live on for many more years" now. This new series better be really damn good, because if it flops like the New 52 version, I don't think we'll see John Constantine for years.

Better to have him on the shelf like Cassandra Cain than have the current regine continue putting its fist up our boy's carcass to keep peddling the New52 further regardless of the Convergence intermission.

well,I guess I better finish that script for a hellblazer tv series I was working on....gimme a few years ,i could make some magic..without candles and all that this time

• Upvote 1

Red    467

Too bad! But sadly not unexpected. We got some fine episodes, and a good portrayal of JC by Matt Ryan.

chamber    13

Oh Well. Hopefully WB greenlights Del Toro's Dark Universe/Heaven Sent movie so that we get another attempt at a live action John Constantine in the not too distant future

Christian    744

You beat me. I was thinking it was Ozzie and Harriet's fault.

Their last name's not spelled the same as Leslie's though. So, blaming Leslie made more sense.

A. Heathen    1,131

Harry and Bridget occurred to me.

But I figured you kids, in the absence of Mark, would not know.

wolvy    57

The man should have let it let die months ago. It felt like he kept trying to revive his dead dog, even though everybody was clearly telling him to move on.

A. Heathen    1,131

I prefer to think of it as someone passionate about what they were creating, responding to a warm (lukewarm) response from some fans,

and taking it to the people who make these decisions based on algorithms and (dollar) signs.

So fair play to him.

And the band of people who stood by him.

So that's your "everybody" shot down in (internet) flames.

• Upvote 2

wolvy    57

I prefer to think of it as someone passionate about what they were creating, responding to a warm (lukewarm) response from some fans,

and taking it to the people who make these decisions based on algorithms and (dollar) signs.

So fair play to him.

If that was the case then NBC would have renewed it in January. They didn't.. It only hit a very niche market and it was one of the major reasons that it flopped. It wasn't a bad show, it was actually decent. Just that people have been telling for months that it's dead Jim.

Demon Chas08    295

So fair play to him.

Me included in said band. Even little Astra herself (Bailey Tipton) favorite my tweet earlier.

RIP constantine. you weren't the hellblazer adaptation we deserved, but you were the one that we needed.

is there any point in atleast slightly hoping netflix'll pick it up somewhere down the road ? arrested development was cancelled back in 2006 , then revived in 2013 , years later. maybe in a few years the same could happen for this ?

maybe not...

maybe it's best to start over. as good as it was, it still wasn't hellblazer good. i really liked matt ryan's performance though.

• Upvote 1