Christian

Marvel's One World Order

dogpoet    463

That's something else you'd be well smug about at that age, I suspect.

Looks like some major shake ups are coming at Marvel: current editor-in-chief Axel Alonso is being replaced by C.B. Cebulski. I'm guessing that the overall tepid-at-best response to Marvel Legacy was the final straw for Alonso. I'm not real familiar with Cebulski, so whether this constitutes a shift for better or worse for Marvel's books I can't say.

Christian    752

About damn time!

Poor Jim Shooter makes one really bad decision with the "New Universe" and he gets canned immediately. Alonso has been getting away with freakin' murder at Marvel for the past couple of years, and the fact that he was running the company in to the ground seemed to be the "elephant in the room".

I like to think that I am responsible for this. Someone read this Forum and said, "Oh man, Christian was the only person who liked Marvel Comics anymore, and now he's stopped reading our books."

I can't say much for Cebulski's writing talents, which are quite awful, but that doesn't reflect on him as an editor at all.

Hopefully, he's been studying Alonso well so he knows how not to perform as an editor-in-chief.

If Marvel starts to change its ways, I am always willing to give them another chance. I love the Marvel Universe, and it was a really depressing decision to realize that I couldn't stand almost any of the Marvel books I was reading, and that the direction that has been taken by the Marvel Universe since Secret Wars is not anything I have any interest in reading.

They still have a long way to go to earn back my loyalty (they need to get back some quality writers and not rely on mediocrity to carry the majority of their titles, for one).....deals with the military-industrial complex and X-Men: Red are still pending as poor signs needed to move beyond.

Christian    752

I don't know what is going on with Marvel at the moment, they seem to be cutting a lot of their titles, right after their latest relaunch. Is it time for another relaunch?

I think Marvel's editors are finding all those big numbers on the covers of their comics confusing and disconcerting. They're more comfortable seeing single digit numerals. I'm sure that they felt they needed more #1s for comfort purposes.

It seems that both of Al Ewing's titles for Marvel have been canceled now. So, I wonder if Ewing is the next big name to leave Marvel?

Ewing's Avengers series didn't get cancelled, it just got folded into the 4-times weekly AVENGERS series through the crossover, right?  I thought all of the titles were coming out the other side with relaunches in time for the new movie.