Christian

Marvel's One World Order

Jeff Lemire is teasing a project he'll be writing/drawing with Marvel this August. (Didn't he decide to quit working for Big Two to focus on his creator-owned stuff not too long ago?)

Bleeding Cool posted similar teases revealing Joe Hill/Mike Allred and JMS (didn't he retire from comics?)/Ed McGuinness on other unrevealed August 2019 Marvel titles.

EDIT: according to another BC article, these creatives and more are part of an anthology called Marvel Comics #1000 (totally not trying to ape Action and Detective 1000 here!) to celebrate Marvel's 80th anniversary.

Wonder if this is meant to be Marvel's next smash hit announcement that Marvel EIC CB Cebulski was teasing on his twitter, and if Akira Yoshida-san will be contributing a story?

Mark Waid with John Cassady  and the return to Marvel of Erik Larsen also received teasers in this week's Marvel Comics issues for this same project.

So it's been confirmed that this project is an 80-page anthology where every creative team attached contributes one page of story...

https://www.newsarama.com/45127-marvel-comics-1000-revisits-80-years-of-marvel-history.html

Well, if this is CB Cebulski-sama's plan to create the next Marvel comic to sell one million, I'm gonna have to doubt it.

Though given that the overarching story in Marvel Comics #1000 is overseen by Al Ewing, maybe some of it might not totally be a waste of trees?

Those stories usually don't end up being conducive to creativity. Marvel tried it with their Christmas special last year, and that ended up something of a mess.

I'm disappointed this is Marvel's big 80th anniversary celebration book.

So, each page is meant to showcase one year in the history of the publication of Marvel Comics.

They won't rest until every issue of X-Men is a relaunch...

Yeah, no. It hasn't even been a year since the last relaunch. They did that weekly Uncanny X-Men relaunch, which lead in to the Age of X-Man, and the current Matthew Rosenberg run on Uncanny X-Men.

I don't think too many people will miss the current direction of the X-titles though, as we're back to the "no more mutants" direction right now, which is a deadend plot.

I'm excited for Hickman to take over on X-Men though. I'm hoping his run will be closer to what Grant Morrison was doing on the title.